New Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santa

Unverified
I am an 1142 (Generator Mech) and have been in for over 3 years counting down the days till my EAS. Then I was flagged for a MARSOC brief due to a high GT score. Now I don't know what to do.

Welcome aboard. I hope you will be able to figure out what it is you want to do! :D

Welcome

Why were you counting down the days? Didn't like the job, the military as a whole, got a good gig on the outside? That might give ya some food for thought...

LL

I am leaning more and more towards that good ol' EAS. My wife and I have been making plans to buy and run a small farm in western NY for almost a year now. Our families are both from the area (high school sweethearts) and my mom has a cattle farm already. I like the farm life, it's rewarding. I also refuse to raise children while I'm in the military because I see other kids here in Okinawa and they are probably the worst mannered and misbehaved children I've ever met.

Also, I am a POG and have been working with other POG's for the last 3+ years, and the attitude I see amoung the lifers is that they stayed in for the job security and the benefits, not because they love the Corps or their Country.

On top of all that I beeive that in order to be a good marine, you have to put the needs of the Corps above all else in life, on the other hand, I also believe that in order to be a good husband and father you need to put the needs of your family above all else. There's only one number one, so in my eyes they just don't belong together.

... 240... 241, what does it take? Is it 1 PH or 3 PH? Is it a hard start or a soft start? Are we dealing with a .8 or 1 PF, talk to me young man what are we powering the clock is ticking. Answer these question and I will not ban you.....I am waiting

... 240... 241, what does it take? Is it 1 PH or 3 PH? Is it a hard start or a soft start? Are we dealing with a .8 or 1 PF, talk to me young man what are we powering the clock is ticking. Answer these question and I will not ban you.....I am waiting

I read that over an over. All I understand in there is that your asking me is it single phase or 3 phase. the rest i think is about A/C. I'm a genny mech, not a utilities chief

Welcome.

IMHO Family comes first. If that is yours as well you have your answer.

I read that over an over. All I understand in there is that your asking me is it single phase or 3 phase. the rest i think is about A/C. I'm a genny mech, not a utilities chief

Then you are not a genny tech or genny mechanic you are just a dirty mechanic who swaps parts. If you plan on joining the civilian market learn A/C....240 is voltage 241 is nothing but a joke, phase, most old motors are hard start and you have to over size a generator to start it newer stuff is varable speed, Power factor generators are rated in 3 PH at a .8 PF

Welcome Dirty Mechanic

Then you are not a genny tech or genny mechanic you are just a dirty mechanic who swaps parts. If you plan on joining the civilian market learn A/C....240 is voltage 241 is nothing but a joke, phase, most old motors are hard start and you have to over size a generator to start it newer stuff is varable speed, Power factor generators are rated in 3 PH at a .8 PF

Welcome Dirty Mechanic

He's very direct. And he has an army of Hobbits at his command.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back