New JSOC Commander - LTG Bryan Fenton

When I read "BDE Command" I just want to know if they were in the NCR or Bragg for their SMU time.

Right, wrong, or other, female servicemembers are judged more harshly than their male counterparts. To be fair, reasons behind those perceptions are usually outside of a woman's hands, but we already a lengthy thread on that topic.

The fact remains that she has a resume people would kill for. Not knowing anything about her, but thinking of the Navy Chief (Shannon Kent? Do I have that right?) who is lionized, Ima give the CSM the benefit of the doubt. Is she in her position because of politics? Don't know. Is she 100% deserving of her new position? Don't know.

https://www.socom.mil/sockor/Documents/CSM Naumann Bio_English_As of June 2021.pdf

14 deployments though? She's paid her dues. Hell, even 14 to Qatar would place her in rare company, much less trips to a two-way range.

Right, wrong, or other, female servicemembers are judged more harshly than their male counterparts. To be fair, reasons behind those perceptions are usually outside of a woman's hands, but we already a lengthy thread on that topic.

The fact remains that she has a resume people would kill for. Not knowing anything about her, but thinking of the Navy Chief (Shannon Kent? Do I have that right?) who is lionized, Ima give the CSM the benefit of the doubt. Is she in her position because of politics? Don't know. Is she 100% deserving of her new position? Don't know.

https://www.socom.mil/sockor/Documents/CSM Naumann Bio_English_As of June 2021.pdf

14 deployments though? She's paid her dues. Hell, even 14 to Qatar would place her in rare company, much less trips to a two-way range.

With her MoS and assignments I am getting she wasn’t in Qatar

She probably has those MFF wings for a reason…

With her MoS and assignments I am getting she wasn’t in Qatar

She probably has those MFF wings for a reason…

Yeah, I was being a bit...facetious might not be the right word, but taking a shot at those who crow about 3-4 deployments and then you find out they were to Kuwait or Qatar. I'm not implying that's what she did, but even if she did, the numbers are still impressive. You don't assess into a SMU and deploy to Qatar 14 times...even I know that.

Yeah, I was being a bit...facetious might not be the right word, but taking a shot at those who crow about 3-4 deployments and then you find out they were to Kuwait or Qatar. I'm not implying that's what she did, but even if she did, the numbers are still impressive. You don't assess into a SMU and deploy to Qatar 14 times...even I know that.

Yeah I was picking up what you were putting down. I was continuing it.

New USASOC CSM was announced a few days ago it seems. 35P coming from SOCKOR.

I'm amazed at the number of commenters ive seen (across the web) that can't understand having a tab ≠ SOF.
She's got a lot of SMU time; that's pretty legit from my perspective.

‎From The Green Notebook: Command Sergeant Major JoAnn Naumann- When Adversity Strikes on Apple Podcasts

A good podcast to learn more about the incoming USASOC CSM. The real deal

Back