New Member Introduction

ACartagena

Unverified
I am a 20 year old Marine at a reserve unit. I intend on going active duty as soon as I finish my business degree in two years. I enlisted in the Marine Corps because I want to be in a position where I can protect those I care about and our way of life. I'm not satisfied with where I'm at and have been trying to Lat move to 0311 to gather whatever experience I could in seeking out the goal of being an infantry officer. However, I still feel like it will not be enough in my own heart. When I achieve my goals, I am left wanting more and to pursue the next level. I have always prayed and wanted to be able to be by my brothers' side in their time of need so I can always keep them safe and come home together. I influenced 3 of my best friends to join the Marine Corps. I keep contact with them and always make sure they are doing well. I see it as my responsibility to make sure they are well. My best friend growing up was recently in a humvee crash while we were in the field and it gutted me that I could not be there to help him when he needed me (he is fully recovered and back at our unit). The two days of scraps of information on him through the Lance Corporal underground in the field woke me up again that we are in a line of duty in which anybody might not come home at the end of the day. My closest brothers from bootcamp are infantry Marines and the only way I see that I can protect my best friends is to hold a position in MARSOC and be part of the most elite team in the Marine Corps. This is my daily motivation as I train now.

I am about 5'7" and weigh 150 pounds now and lift 5-6 days per week. My best PFT score is a 285 out of 300. That is progress from the 135 pounds i graduated bootcamp with and the pft of around 265. I am currently lifting for strength, as I am a smaller frame. I plan to move onto interval and cross-training and involving multiple forms of exercise including swimming and distance running to add to the package. I have a background in sports growing up and played competitive club rugby until 2 years ago. I am an effective team player. I am currently training with a partner who is very motivated and in better condition than I am. He is training to be a SEAL and I am training for MARSOC. I am on this website to seek out a mentorship of my own to help me towards more Marine Corps-specific goals. I appreciate any and every bit of information from experienced individuals as I love to learn and study what I can to advance. I truly want to make a difference and can be an asset to our Marine Corps and our nation. Thank you in advance for any assistance and constructive criticism.

PS: If you have read that entire description, thank you for your time. It is truly appreciated.

Greetings.

We've got a good fitness section where you may be able to find some inspiration when you get ready to transition your workouts. More importantly, we do have a Mentor section for aspiring SOF troops, to include MARSOC. Look into that section first and foremost, make friends with your search button, and enjoy your time here on ShadowSpear.

Back