New Norwegian RHIB class fast attack boat

Ravage

running up that hill
Norway's Marinejegerkommandoen (MJK) has built a new squadron around the Max Manus class RIB, fast attack boat.

Max Manus is a WWII resistance hero, famous for sinking German ships in Norwegian harbours - even with home made torpedoes! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Manus .

The new boats are armored and weigh 5t (twice the civilian version). They can be armed with eighter 2 x 12,7 or 40mm's. They accelerate to over 45 knots in 3-4 seconds, but the top speed is classified. They have 3 x 300hp engines. The boat can carry a team of "jegere", and the main focus of the Echo squadron is bording ships and counter terrorism.

Attachments

• SPESIAL_BAT_img2_163093a.jpg
    SPESIAL_BAT_img2_163093a.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 628
  • SPESIAL_BAT_img20_163110a.jpg
    SPESIAL_BAT_img20_163110a.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 258
  • SPESIAL_BAT_img23_163109a.jpg
    SPESIAL_BAT_img23_163109a.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 589
  • SPESIAL_BAT_img3_163103a.jpg
    SPESIAL_BAT_img3_163103a.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 235
  • SPESIAL_BAT_img8_163102a.jpg
    SPESIAL_BAT_img8_163102a.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 263
It should also be mentioned that Max Manus was ridiculously crazy lol

It`s a nice boat alright. Top speed calm sea = 55-60 knots. (It`s not classified - Shadowspear Eyes Only :) )

Nice post Rav

I would not ride on that thing for five dollars.... no way in hell...

Look in the background of those pics.... way in the background.... yeah, the friggin snow... Fuck that... I'm out...

I am not gonna fall in that cold ass water when I could be sitting in my nice warm house, in my nice comfy chair, with a nice cold drink.. Fuck that...

BTW... how effective is flotation when wearing about 100 lbs of kit??? Hmmm????

Rav,
Nice pics though :D It IS a badass boat

The ride is badass inded, still I would love to have a ride in one of these :D

socr01run2smallke3.jpg

SOC-R FTW !

I would not ride on that thing for five dollars.... no way in hell...

Look in the background of those pics.... way in the background.... yeah, the friggin snow... Fuck that... I'm out...

I am not gonna fall in that cold ass water when I could be sitting in my nice warm house, in my nice comfy chair, with a nice cold drink.. Fuck that...

BTW... how effective is flotation when wearing about 100 lbs of kit??? Hmmm????

Rav,
Nice pics though :D It IS a badass boat

Its the steadiest boat youll find Bravo!

The Snow is your friend lol.. Water, shelter, skiing you name it! :D

The ride is badass inded, still I would love to have a ride in one of these :D SOC-R FTW !

That's more like it... sun wind fishing... hell yeah... where's the cooler??

Its the steadiest boat youll find Bravo!

The Snow is your friend lol.. Water, shelter, skiing you name it! :D

I was raised in Maine, but I have not skied since I was a young paduwan.. Now, I love my A/C and dont like wearing heavy jackets.. hard to get at my gun ... especially when Rick's coming over to try to meet my daughter... /Firers.. lock and loac one 30 round magazine and prepare to defend your position./

That's more like it... sun wind fishing... hell yeah... where's the cooler??

I was raised in Maine, but I have not skied since I was a young paduwan.. Now, I love my A/C and dont like wearing heavy jackets.. hard to get at my gun ... especially when Rick's coming over to try to meet my daughter... /Firers.. lock and loac one 30 round magazine and prepare to defend your position./

Haha, Barricated 91

Bravo Zulu buddy :D

Back