New PAST standards for CCT?

Cody Randall

Verified Military
I heard from the Career assistance advisor on base that the standards are changing, but he hasn't gotten back to me on it yet. If anyone knows please share? And if not, ill post what he sends me when I get an update.

The new BA PT test has been discussed elsewhere on this forum. It's not officially implemented yet AFAIK.

From what was explained to me by the TACP at my base, the BA PT test was only after you get out of the pipeline. But the PAST that (from my understanding) is still in effect has changed (run times, cals, and swimming). From the article I was reading, the people who have NOT been to basic training would follow (The Combat Controller New Accession PAST Requirements) and the re-trainees would follow (The PAST for Air Force Pararescue and Combat Controller). But I have not seen any official memos. Looks like it still may be on the drawing board so to speak. I originally thought the BA PT test was going to be implemented for selection until I saw this.

The BA test has categories for recruitment, accession, and then operational personnel. That's what I am talking about. It is still not official AFAIK. I don't know anything about if the traditional PAST standards have changed. I think we're talking about two different things.

From what was explained to me by the TACP at my base, the BA PT test was only after you get out of the pipeline. But the PAST that (from my understanding) is still in effect has changed (run times, cals, and swimming). From the article I was reading, the people who have NOT been to basic training would follow (The Combat Controller New Accession PAST Requirements) and the re-trainees would follow (The PAST for Air Force Pararescue and Combat Controller). But I have not seen any official memos. Looks like it still may be on the drawing board so to speak. I originally thought the BA PT test was going to be implemented for selection until I saw this.
@CDG is correct, there are some different standards out there right now (for instance, the Pararescue PAST test standard is not what is administered to cross trainees, I can tell you from first hand experience.

A lot of this stuff is in flex.

@CDG (for instance, the Pararescue PAST test standard is not what is administered to cross trainees, ...
However, active duty enlisted AF members applying to cross train into pararescue now go through an assessment screening at Medina before their cross train application is actually approved.

However, active duty enlisted AF members applying to cross train into pararescue now go through an assessment screening at Medina before their cross train application is actually approved.
Correct, it mirrors the Phase II assessment for the CRO's. Still take the legacy PAST for the initial acceptance.

Back