New Uniforms?

The more things change, the more they stay the same....
wink.png

Good choice to go old school again. If it ain't broke, don't try fix it!

I have to say the Nato Woodland pattern is my fav. I use it myself. It blends in extremely well here in the thousand various shades of green fields we have here in Ireland. I was never a fan of the dark mustard colour looking MARPAT. No offence to the USMC.

I wish the Army would bring back the BDU's. I would not have to buy anymore "new" uniforms and I would have some thing that actually worked well...

Good on MARSOC for being smart about it, kind of shocked they did not jump on the multicam band wagon. But it is the USMC, they do shit their own way, and normally better.

I wish the Army would bring back the BDU's. I would not have to buy anymore "new" uniforms and I would have some thing that actually worked well...

Good on MARSOC for being smart about it, kind of shocked they did not jump on the multicam band wagon. But it is the USMC, they do shit their own way, and normally better.

Multicam is already copyrighted, LOL.

Multicam is already copyrighted, LOL.

LOL yeah it’s a damn shame they copyrighted the MARPAT, I love their desert cam. Hell the woodland cam is pretty damn good too, but I would still rather have the BDU's. All we did is take the bottom pockets off and put them on our sleeves (buttons and all) and it worked 10 times better then the stupid ACU Velcro. I prefer the patches sewn on or no patches at all.

I like MultiCam better then ACU, but the BDU’s I still think was the best IMO. DCU’s were okay, but MARPAT desert is the best desert cam I have seen yet. That mirage camo is pretty good

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/mirage_strikehold.jpg

and I really have started liking the A TAC’s camo

http://cdn5.thefirearmsblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/atacs_0002-tfb.jpg

In 2003, I sold all my woodlands to Thai Marines (they wear the same pattern, but their material sucks so they're always up for buying ours...), but spent the money on wine, women, and song. Managed to sell all 12-15 sets of woodlands I had and left Thailand with just the set of MARPATs I had on my body. :D

Looks like the beginning of another multi-service "arms race" to see who can have the coolest uniform. :rolleyes:

If Gates is serious about saving money he should say "look fuckers get back into one utility uniform that's consistent across the services."

We can even call it something sexy- Common Joint Ground Uniform- CJGU. Or CGU if we need a 3-letter acronym. It would look a lot like... BDUs with pockets on the sleeves and ankles, the US flag on the left side where it belongs, and not so much exposed velcro.

I personally think the USMC has done it right for the most part. I would like to see their pocket design as it is, with MultiCam or the old Woodland pattern, for desert I would like to see the MARPAT desert or A TAC’s.

Subdued rank on the collar pinned or sewn, no skill badges on the field uniform (unless in garrison) and even then I like the USMC use of dress uniform badges instead of subdued, but like I said for garrison only. Due away with the stupid sized SSI’s, wear the unit crest on headgear or (while in garrison) above a name tape.

Personally I wish we would just take all that stupid shit off the “tactical uniform” and just wear name rank and service branch. Somewhat like Rgr Regiment does while in the field, all the people who want to show off their 201 file can do it around the flag pole.

In 2003, I sold all my woodlands to Thai Marines (they wear the same pattern, but their material sucks so they're always up for buying ours...), but spent the money on wine, women, and song. Managed to sell all 12-15 sets of woodlands I had and left Thailand with just the set of MARPATs I had on my body. :D
And your match of course Im sure.
wink.png

And your match of course Im sure. ;)

That was "pre-match". Hell, that was pre-SS... :D I did have plenty of (shall we say) pyro materials on me.

I personally think the USMC has done it right for the most part. I would like to see their pocket design as it is, with MultiCam or the old Woodland pattern, for desert I would like to see the MARPAT desert or A TAC’s.

Subdued rank on the collar pinned or sewn, no skill badges on the field uniform (unless in garrison) and even then I like the USMC use of dress uniform badges instead of subdued, but like I said for garrison only. Due away with the stupid sized SSI’s, wear the unit crest on headgear or (while in garrison) above a name tape.

Personally I wish we would just take all that stupid shit off the “tactical uniform” and just wear name rank and service branch. Somewhat like Rgr Regiment does while in the field, all the people who want to show off their 201 file can do it around the flag pole.

Agreed, but good luck with that. It all makes sense to me, but there's as much ego and pride riding on decisions no days as there should be common sense...

I have a dumb question 0699. Are those unis you sold flame retardant? :confused:

No ma'am. They were the old style woodlands. AFAIK, even the new MARPAT utilities aren't flame resistant. My last tour, we didn't wear MARPATs on convoys, we wore flight suits for the flame resistance.

I dont know why that thought popped into my head about the flame retardancy of the uniforms. Maybe because every picture Ive seen of you there is a fire raging in the background. Do you think they would put that feature in regular uniforms in the future?

I dont know why that thought popped into my head about the flame retardancy of the uniforms. Maybe because every picture Ive seen of you there is a fire raging in the background. Do you think they would put that feature in regular uniforms in the future?

Doubt it, due to the cost...

And I have yet to set MYSELF on fire. :D

LOL..yes I was thinking the cost would be high vs the actual need for that feature. Glad to hear you havent set yourself on fire!

Back