Newbe

Billbob

Unverified
Hi all, only polite to introduce one's self, so here goes.
Currently reside in Fourways, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Hobbies include Horse riding, Adventure Motorcycling throughout Africa, nature conservation.
Military history;-
Began in 1971 - BSAP (Rhodesia)(3 yrs)
Ended in 1979/80 - Greys Scouts "B" Sqd (Rhodesia)
Would like to get into contact with other members of Greys Scouts.

Welcome Bru.

Spent some time in your neck of the woods. Reminds me of good Castle around the Braai, and that I can't find my Veldskoens... :uhh:

What do you do in nature conservation? I dabbled in it a bit while I was over there.

Welcome. Do you like the band Seether?

F.M.

He's probably more acquainted with Clem Tholet. ;)

Thanks for the welcome guys. Sorry never heard of either Seether or Clem Tholet. Neil Diamonds my man:D Pardus, still do some tracker training for various parks departments, snare removal, help my cousin out occationally with Cheetahs at the De Wildt Cheetah sanctuary.

Thanks for the welcome guys. Sorry never heard of either Seether or Clem Tholet. Neil Diamonds my man:D Pardus, still do some tracker training for various parks departments, snare removal, help my cousin out occationally with Cheetahs at the De Wildt Cheetah sanctuary.

I thought all Rhodies would know who Clem was, guess I was wrong lol.
Neil Diamond rocks, points for that!

I did a bit of work at Chipangali a few years back.
De Wildt do a very good job with the Cheetah, have they still got the corner on the breeding market? We were trying to breed in Chipangali but no luck while I was there.

Welcome mate. I knew a guy who was a copper with SAP in Joburg. Rough place in the wrong areas.

I thought all Rhodies would know who Clem was, guess I was wrong lol.
Neil Diamond rocks, points for that!

I did a bit of work at Chipangali a few years back.
De Wildt do a very good job with the Cheetah, have they still got the corner on the breeding market? We were trying to breed in Chipangali but no luck while I was there.

De Wildt still having a lot of success with thier breeding program, and I believe that there is now a centre in Namibia who also have had some success. Haven't heard if Chipingali's luck has changed.
The big thing at the moment is Rhino poaching, lots of stories floating around and some speculation about Gov involvement. Over two hundred Rhino's poached this year.

De Wildt still having a lot of success with thier breeding program, and I believe that there is now a centre in Namibia who also have had some success. Haven't heard if Chipingali's luck has changed.
The big thing at the moment is Rhino poaching, lots of stories floating around and some speculation about Gov involvement. Over two hundred Rhino's poached this year.

Good to hear De Wildt is still doing well, when I was there a Cheetah from there was going for USD 7,000 and an King Cheetahs for USD 100,000 if I remember correctly.

That's fucked up about the Rhino, I'm not surprised though, the ANC are doing the same thing their brothers have done throughout the rest of the continent.
This exact story has been told a hundreds times in a hundred different places as you well know.

Back