Newbie puddle pirate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ducboy

Unverified
Hey folks... New to the site and making my mandatory intro.:) I'm employed by the Coast Guard as an Avionics Electrical Technician on the MH60s. I've been in for a little over 6 years, currently stationed in Mobile, AL and heading to Kodiak, AK in a few months.

So are you "employed" or do you actually serve on duty?

Welcome aboard!

Welcome.

MH-60s? I thought you guys had Jayhawks...

So are you "employed" or do you actually serve on duty?

Welcome aboard!

Active duty...

K...so which is it?? MH60 in the avatar and profile or Jayhawks.....

I work on both the MH60 J and T models. Our entire fleet of J models have all been converted to MHs, and all future Tangos will be MHs. We still refer to both as Jayhawks. So both...

Active duty...

I work on both the MH60 J and T models. Our entire fleet of J models have all been converted to MHs, and all future Tangos will be MHs. We still refer to both as Jayhawks. So both...

Ahhh. Makes sense. What benefits did the conversion give you? Longer range? Loiter time?

The conversion pretty much consisted of gun mounts and armor packages, some LE lighting and such... Nothing changed with the powerplant/fuel capacity, etc.

The conversion pretty much consisted of gun mounts and armor packages, some LE lighting and such... Nothing changed with the powerplant/fuel capacity, etc.

Machinegunning Shamu off the coast, eh? :D

Welcome, guess we'll see ya on Discovery Channel a few years from now.
Is it true all new enlistees in the CG have to be 6'2" or taller?

^lol. Been on twice already. (pm me for autographs....), and no, the shorter ones they send down here to Mobile bay, where not one, but two sar cases last year rusulted in the survivors walking a mile or two back to shore before the boats got there... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back