Night Stalker earns top AG NCO honors

Ravage

running up that hill
http://news.soc.mil/releases/News Archive/2010/June/100622-03.html

HUNTER ARMY AIRFIELD, Ga. (USASOC News Service, June 22, 2010) – Staff Sgt. Jason Timothy earned the Army Adjutant General’s Corps Non-Commissioned Officer of the Year title.

The human resources NCO for 3rd Battalion, 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne), at Hunter Army Airfield, Ga., received the Sgt. Maj. Larry L. Strickland Medal for Distinguished Achievement during the annual AG Corps Ball at Fort Jackson, S.C., June 11.

“This title means that hard work on a daily basis, loyalty and a genuine care for the well-being of Soldiers can get you far,” said Timothy. “Being recognized for this magnificent achievement tells me that I am doing the right thing for Soldiers, and I will continue to do so.”

Timothy is responsible for providing all human resources support to the nearly 600 Soldiers in his unit. His current duties include: military pay processing, processing combat zone entitlements, evaluations and processing leave forms.

All of these tasks directly and positively impact force readiness, allowing crews to concentrate on their mission, said Sgt. 1st Class Kenny Almodovar, senior human resources sergeant for the regiment.

“The quality of HR professionals in the special operations community is second to none, and Staff Sgt. Timothy is the best example of that,” he said. “For all of us that know him it is extremely special to see him recognized throughout the Army and the AG Corps. We are all very proud of him.”

Almodovar described Timothy as a great Soldier who loves his family, his unit and the Army. Timothy’s work ethic and desire to teach and mentor his Soldiers further enhance what he brings to the organization.

“He’s one of those rare guys that always has a clear picture of where he is and what he needs to do in his role to better the unit and those around him,” he explained.

Timothy said he appreciates the support he receives from his wife and children in his passion to assist Soldiers. He also hopes this award tells his Soldiers that living the NCO Creed will always guide them in the right direction in everything that they do.

“To every Human Resources Officer, NCO, Soldier and Civilian in this elite regiment, I am thankful to be a part of this team, and I dedicate this achievement to you all for the hard work that we do every day without looking for a ‘thank you,’” Timothy said.

The Army Adjutant General Corps hosts the annual competition recognizing a NCO and Soldier who best understand Sgt. Maj. Strickland's contributions to the corps and values in his dealings with Soldiers, commanders, Families and the Army during the previous calendar year. Strickland was killed while working at the Pentagon during the attacks on September 11, 2001. Retired Sgt. Maj. Debra Strickland presents the award each year in her husband’s memory.

Hooah! Well done, SSG Timothy.

IIRC SGM Strickland was the highest ranking enlisted Soldier killed in the attack on the Pentagon on 11 Sep 01.

Back