Night Stalkers receive unit and individual recognition

Ravage

running up that hill
FORT CAMPBELL, Ky.(USASOC-CI, May 22, 2007) – The 2nd Battalion of the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne), was recognized for both unit and individual contributions to the Global War on Terror in a ceremony at Fort Campbell, Ky., May 18, 2007.

MORE...

SOF Rotor Heads, best in the world :huh?:

FORT CAMPBELL, Ky.(USASOC-CI, May 22, 2007) – The 2nd Battalion of the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne), was recognized for both unit and individual contributions to the Global War on Terror in a ceremony at Fort Campbell, Ky., May 18, 2007.

MORE...

SOF Rotor Heads, best in the world :huh?:

YES THEY ARE, No Finer Gents have done what they do! And they do, do the DO!

After reading BHD by M. Bowden I KNOW these guys have balls hard as stone and nerves made of adamantium (strongest thing in X-men for all you old guys :D).

Little Bird flyers are the bravest men in the god damn aviation history I think.

2/160th is my old unit, LTC Evans was my battalion commander. Great unit, great Soldiers, great leader. I'm glad to see them getting some recognition.

Come on now. It takes BALLS to fly a Chinook into a hot zone! Little birds can scoot in and out before any one knows it. A Chinook announces it's presence long before it arrives. It's just a matter of the bad guy figuring out which direction you are coming from. They never do by the way. :)

A Chinook announces it's presence long before it arrives. It's just a matter of the bad guy figuring out which direction you are coming from. They never do by the way. :)

A quote from the book "Night Stalkers" by F.J. Pushies:

One of the hallmarks of the 160th SOAR(A) pilots is the ability to fly their helicopters extremely close to the ground, bringing new meaning to nape-of-the-earth (NOE) flying. A Night Stalker once challanged an SF ODA and said they could sneak up on the team. The SF soldiers agreed to the challenge. The crew took off and flew away. A short time later, the soldiers, standing on top of their desert mobility vehicles, fell to the ground as an MH-47E screamed overehead mere meters off the deck.

>:{

Back