Note to self: If I make a video calling out my black Soldiers, DON'T post it on Facebook....

Yeah this is the kind of shit you keep to yourself. Make some corrections one on one behind closed doors, but a racially charged FaceBook post while displaying your nametape? Karma is a bitch. Zero sympathy here

She was running the gym at Nellis (was being the optimum word here).
How fucking hard is that, though I wouldn't be surprised that the Cat III's she working with were/are entitled bitches (you don't put it on Facebook), hop she enjoys that TSgt retirement check.

You can't lock em up or make them push in the Air Force?

I've had several AF NCOs complain to me that you can't make airmen push or place them on "corrective" details. Maybe this is just for those 2 units, maybe it is AF wide...I have no idea. Unit leadership, AF leadership....no clue. I know it is being done (or not done in this case), but I don't know how widespread the problem.

Protips for all:
- Don't wear your uniform when you're ranting.
- Don't show your face if you're going to bitch about work.
- Better still, don't do it on an open platform like Facebook.
- Don't talk about a lack of respect when you sound like a retard. We all have bad moments when communicating, but she came across as a semi-educated whinge factory.
- If you work in Services, this is a field not known for hard chargers...so expect a dumpster fire.
- Are you the victim or are you the problem? I'll guess "both" in this case though your percentages may vary.
- ShadowSpear would like to introduce our next Admin! Give her a warm round of applause!!!!!! First assignment, clean up the Trump thread.

Unfortunately no....and it's terrible. Instead we rely on giving the member paperwork that is either ineffective or has the potential to follow them far longer than it needs to and bites a good troop in the ass later on.

In regards to the original post of the dumbass posting rants on social media, at what point do we pull the use of social media? it seems like no matter how many time we make an example of the last person to get in trouble, people still post stupid things. Do we just need another briefing? That may be what it is, we don't have a quarterly Facebook SOP briefing. Waiting on that to happen, I'm sure it'll fix everything...

To save people from themselves? Meh.. Is the Air Force better off without this airmen?
To save us from the public eye. Unfortunately the actions of one person is seen as the actions of all of us once it hits social media and big Air Force has to then go in and protect itself by acting to get back on the good side. And it seems like we keep putting dumb stuff on social media that takes maybe otherwise good troops, and places them in a situation that is unrecoverable because it was seen by millions of people. I have no idea the previous performance of this TSgt, she may have been a good NCO and was stressed due to inability to lead that certain personality type, which lead to a terrible decision to post her frustrations out on Facebook. Or she really is just a shitty person and that attack was directly geared toward racism. Either way it doesn't matter now because the exposure it's received.

I am in no way saying she should not be punished, she screwed the pooch and hopefully she's learning that. I'm just saying we seem to find a lot of paperwork being generated because of the misuse of social media. I have had a troop of my own get in some hot water because of it. Didn't mean he was a dirtbag, but he was not in the same graces with leadership after the fact. And that was a minor instance.

I'm more curious at how many times we allow major social media blunders happen before something is put in place to attempt to mitigate the misuse. And I honestly don't have any idea what a good fix for it would be.

@Evans -

I disagree with your post overall because the Sergeant made the choice to create her profanity laced rant, called out black women specifically, and then made another choice to put it on Facebook.

On the other hand, had this video been taken without her knowledge, while she was ranting to fellow NCO's, and then someone put it online without her knowledge, I would 100% agree with your whole post.

@Ooh-Rah I agree with you completely there, and I am in no way defending her choice. I'm speaking more in a more general sense and didn't convey that as well through text as I did in my own head. I just think overall we should use Facebook to communicate with friends and family, and to share non-sense memes. Anything other than that should be banned, it only creates problems.

Yea, you can... outside of my specific career field, I have never seen anyone actually do that. Like, ever.

Unfortunately no....and it's terrible. Instead we rely on giving the member paperwork that is either ineffective or has the potential to follow them far longer than it needs to and bites a good troop in the ass later on.
Disagree here. There are many good ways to correct behavior without the two outcomes you mentioned.

NCO's are called Sir/Ma'am in the USAF?
It is annoying as shit. Everyone is "sir" or "ma'am". I never had a "thing" or an "ism" until this issue. I make it my personal mission to correct younger airmen (and some older ones) on the pride in and proper address of the enlisted corps.

Don't call NCOs and SNCOs sir/ma'am, kids, it makes people that care upset. /rant

Ah, Facebook...allowing people to fuck up their lives since 2004....

A good thing, maybe, the Darwinism of social media self destruction. You live by the device, you die by it. Smother it with enough love and devotion and it'll shit on your pancakes.

Last edited:
Back