Official Ukraine/Georgian Thread

Or rather American Civil War. Solidarity was trade union turned into de facto political party and it was only "opposition vs goverment" scenario.
Ukraine is divided into two parts, western is considered pro-European, eastern is pro-Russian.

And what is really sad is that any ideological or social interests at political parties level are not even secondary, in eastern european politics they are on 4th or 5th place after...money, money, money. And all other buisness and personal benefits of being in goverment. Something like Africa or something :(

Hopefully that will change with fresh election bring called & an "all is forgiven clause" for those involved so no charges for anyone. They're a long way off to a feel the love hour but it's a start.
I was looking at other vids of all this & the opposition were organised. They even had a drone to get an overview. In the linked pix one guy in on the phone, others with makeshift riot shields, they captured over 60 cops as well.

Last edited:
Hopefully that will change with fresh election bring called & an "all is forgiven clause" for those involved so no charges for anyone. They're a long way off to a feel the love hour but it's a start.
I was looking at other vids of all this & the opposition were organised. They even had a drone to get an overview. In the linked pix one guy in on the phone, others with makeshift riot shields, they captured over 60 cops as well.
I'd bet the truce only allows the Government to I.D./locate opposition leaders, then it's game on again.

Whatever occurs from now on in, it won't be easy forming a new govt.
The crux was whether to join the EU, as I understand it. During the protests, Russia gives the Ukraine a poultice of money plus (correct me here) some debt forgiveness.

Edit: It looks like that money is on hold until they figure out who is in charge

Last edited:
Pellet rifles, sling shots and one dude with a pistol pointing it at himself and everyone else. Nice!

Those riot police are getting their asses kicked, literally.

I'm a little shocked that there has not been some tanks and BMPs opening up these crowds. As stated before its funny to me that we the USA make statements that other countries should show restraint during violent riots like this, knowing damn well that American police would open up on crowds doing shit like this. Of course our rioters would not be shooting back with pellet guns and sling shots though.

Crazy shit, the world is going nuts, got me wondering when we will see riots like this here at home.

The govt side did shoot back, search YouTube for it. There's footage with no sound from the protesters side and another one with commentary clearly showing what the govt was doing. I add I'm bipartisan in this and I was going to post it but it's a bit too much and definitely NSW.

Goddam this shit is intense!

They guy with the pistol is a little humerous, probably hit short of his intended targets.

Pellet rifles, sling shots and one dude with a pistol pointing it at himself and everyone else. Nice!

Those riot police are getting their asses kicked, literally.

I'm a little shocked that there has not been some tanks and BMPs opening up these crowds. As stated before its funny to me that we the USA make statements that other countries should show restraint during violent riots like this, knowing damn well that American police would open up on crowds doing shit like this. Of course our rioters would not be shooting back with pellet guns and sling shots though.

Crazy shit, the world is going nuts, got me wondering when we will see riots like this here at home.

There is an earlier video where a BMP gets ambushed with Molotav Cocktails, no one got out IIRC.

Pistols, shotguns and wooden sticks defeating a well armed/equiped Police/Military Force. Folks in the White House shitting bricks when the consider what kind of weaponry the average American has. This is a great argument for limiting gun laws.

Let's see how he and the President respond to this:
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20140227/DAC7P0LG0.html

I mean he threw out this out (sounding vaguely familiar):
http://news.yahoo.com/us-warns-russia-against-ukraine-intervention-213853114--politics.html
"Any kind of military intervention that would violate the sovereign territorial integrity of Ukraine would be a huge, a grave mistake. And the territorial integrity of Ukraine needs to be respected."

Or what Mr. Secretary?

He reportedly went on to add this as well:
"We continue to object to Russia's occupation, militarization and borderization of Georgian territory, and we call on Russia to fulfil its obligations under the 2008 cease-fire agreement, including the withdrawal of forces and free access for humanitarian assistance"

But of course we do.

The Ukraine situation may not seem like a big deal to most here, but it's a big deal to the Russians. Not the least of which is the strategic importance of the warm water port in Sevastopol to the Russian Navy; it's not exactly a shrug your shoulders and say "oh well" kind of an thing to them.

As for our strategy here, I'm not sure...but rest assured, SECSTATE is on it.

Last edited:
What do you mean, or what? A country doesn't have to use force every single time you know. Often times it's best to just condemn with statements.

What do you mean, or what? A country doesn't have to use force every single time you know. Often times it's best to just condemn with statements.
Agree 100%!

The problem is that statements are thrown down that imply consequences. What is the administrations strategy to deal with situation? Same as Syria? How will it be addressed? I'm not implying or advocating force (hell, I'm not necessarily even advocating our involvement in the issue...but here we are nonetheless). So, I'm critiquing their approach (or lack thereof); they seem well out of their league.

Last edited:
Back