Old Soldier, New Gear

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Verified SOF
I know I'm getting old when:

1) I have to watch a YouTube video to figure out how my new-ish body armor goes together (yay all-brand-new-parts, boo having to assemble all the pieces).

2) I had to Google what the battery thingy in my helmet is for. Spoiler alert: it's a lot less-sexy that I had hoped.

I know I'm getting old when:

1) I have to watch a YouTube video to figure out how my new-ish body armor goes together (yay all-brand-new-parts, boo having to assemble all the pieces).

2) I had to Google what the battery thingy in my helmet is for. Spoiler alert: it's a lot less-sexy that I had hoped.

Mehh, don't worry yourself, it's your turn to show up to the field that once or twice a year as the ate up field grade officer that all the joes laugh at.:p;-)

You should show up in the old LCE, flack and Kpot and tell stories about how "in your day it was when training was hard" chew on an unlit cigar while people do "Army training" and then magically disappear and reappear at odd times, while randomly giving some Pvt the "thousand yard stare" and then asking him some off the wall question (what's the distance of tracer burn out on that weapon Pvt, than laugh at whatever he says and walk away)...:ROFLMAO:

Why is an O of your rank issued field gear? You might as well issue running shoes to contractors...

To be honest, the only reason I went to CIF is because I wanted new boots and didn't want to shell out the $250 for them.

So I got two Tuff Boxes full of mis-matched ACU and OCP gear, including cold weather clothing and sleeping bags (I'm stationed in Hawaii) that's going to take up space in my garage for the next three years.

You know what I didn't get at CIF? New boots. Staff bitches don't rate.

Mehh, don't worry yourself, it's your turn to show up to the field that once or twice a year as the ate up field grade officer that all the joes laugh at.:p;-)

You should show up in the old LCE, flack and Kpot and tell stories about how "in your day it was when training was hard" chew on an unlit cigar while people do "Army training" and then magically disappear and reappear at odd times, while randomly giving some Pvt the "thousand yard stare" and then asking him some off the wall question (what's the distance of tracer burn out on that weapon Pvt, than laugh at whatever he says and walk away)...:ROFLMAO:

Fortunately, I've always been in units where people help each other instead of making fun of them behind their backs.

The good thing is, being a field grade means I don't have to take anyone's shit on the range. And since it's usually numerically impossible to outscore me, I'm not worried about it in any case.

Schofield’s CIF was the most professional and quickest service of any conventional CIF I’ve been to in 24 years.

...but I’m still pissed off about my boots. ;)

You're in Hawaii... I thought you wore sandals... don't they issue you combat Tevas, Keens, Merrells or something? Field Grades... bitchier then SP4s... jeez.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back