Optics T&E

Chad

U.S. Optics
Verified Sniper
Have been doing a bit of evaluating, will continue for another month or so; Swarovski 1-6 Z6I BRT, S&B 1.1-4 CQB, ACOG TA11, Aimpoint T-1 and several from us(USO)

optics-vi.jpg

00A-vi.jpg

Indoor office:

Optics001-vi.jpg

Outdoor office:

a001-vi.jpg

VTAC 1/2 and 1/2 w/ USO 1-4x DFP, Z6I, S&B, ACOG and T-1:

a001half-vi.jpg

After 12+hrs at -5F in the freezer:

a0004-vi.jpg

Goooo!!!! I think I just cried a little bit.
Can one of the admin make it so that anytime Chad posts a picture, an image of a Red Ryder BB gun shows up instead. I'm sure Marauder06 would have some clip art available... :D

LaRue PredatAR guns, I'm not sure if you can get the rail forend/upper separate.

Chad are you running the Hornaday Steel or Brass ammo? I just picked up 600rds of 55gr BTHP steel case and was wondering if you had some feedback on performance. I am running a 1:8 18" super match barrel, and planning to run this ammo out to 300'ish (but plan to test it out to 600 but I have never had good results with 55gr past 400). I got a great deal on the ammo so I figured I would give it a run and see how it does. I have been getting .4 to .75 moa with 69gr BTHP SMK's, and getting a consistent .5 moa on 300 zero with 77gr BTHP BH's. I am thinking anything 1 moa or better with this stuff and it will become my standard SPR/DMR training ammo. Your thoughts?

Chad are you running the Hornaday Steel or Brass ammo? I just picked up 600rds of 55gr BTHP steel case and was wondering if you had some feedback on performance. I am running a 1:8 18" super match barrel, and planning to run this ammo out to 300'ish (but plan to test it out to 600 but I have never had good results with 55gr past 400). I got a great deal on the ammo so I figured I would give it a run and see how it does. I have been getting .4 to .75 moa with 69gr BTHP SMK's, and getting a consistent .5 moa on 300 zero with 77gr BTHP BH's. I am thinking anything 1 moa or better with this stuff and it will become my standard SPR/DMR training ammo. Your thoughts?

I shoot the Hornady Steel Case w/ 75gr bullet. Ten shot groups were running in the 1" - 1.5" range for the two PRAR5.56s but that was with the older greenish cases, now they are made with a grey case. I think I posted group pics with the older ammunition when I did the initial write up on the two PRARs.

One problem I was having was keyholes with the older ammunition, I have not had it with the newer(grey cased).

I just cleaned up the two LaRues and the next time out I will see how they group.

On the 55gr Hornady I have only shot about 75ords and that was awhile ago, I'm don't remember shooting it for serious groups. It does shoot significantly better in an Arsenal 5.56 than the 75gr bullets.

Chad, look forward to your review of the T-1.....I have been resisting so far :D

I like the T-1, bunches, I have four of them.

The biggest limitation for me on non-magnified optics is being able to ID/locate a target. That depends on how good you issued eyeballs are and probably if you use a magnifier(I never have).

Back