Option 40

Vang

Unverified
Alright so I'm kind of in a weird spot, and I'm hoping that I could get some advices. So I took my asvab like the electronic one and scored above 50 but for my GT score I was 4 points off. Now I'm going to get the Airborne contract instead. So one thing I was wondering if I could still get a shot at RASP at all. Like I've heard that there are sometimes ranger recruiters that go get volunteers or you could talk to a ranger recruiter while you're at Airborne school. So yeah... My recruiter is also going to get my mom's signature like tomorrow. Would that be bad? Also another thing is that I also just got done talking with my brother and he says just wait a month and retake the asvab. So what should I do?

Minus the ASVAB question, there are more than enough threads discussing this issue.

Sorry I'm just feeling kind of lost or stressed about this

We can all understand that and recognize you're 17. Thinking through stress and developing a good course of action is a skill you'll need as an adult, much less in the military (in any capacity). You're good, just take this as some "professional growth and development" then drive on.

Back