Paramilitary Operations Officer

What's nice is the fact they look at every single application that comes through. No algorithm to beat and no bullshit to overcome. You either have what they're looking for in your app or you don't.

Incidentally, SAC/GB will take SF/SOF NCOs, and not necessarily senior NCOs. They nurture development, tradecraft etc. So in spite of the fun we've had, it's a viable field to consider if you're Ranger/Special Forces/Recon/Raider/SEaL and don't necessarily plan to do a full twenty in uniform.

You won't get as many chicks because you won't be able to tell anybody what you do...but when you're old and the shit's been declassified you'll have some great stories to tell. ;-)

Last edited:
Incidentally, SAC/GB will take SF/SOF NCOs, and not necessarily senior NCOs. They nurture development, tradecraft etc. So in spite of the fun we've had, it's a viable field to consider if you're Ranger/Special Forces/Recon/Raider/SEaL and don't necessarily plan to do a full twenty in uniform.

You won't get as many chicks because you won't be able to tell anybody what you do...but when you're old and the shit's been declassified you'll have some great stories to tell. ;-)
No you get more chicks because you CAN tell them about your pay check, you can use your cover story about being State to get hot, Internship-desperate Georgetowners to suck sour patch kids off your taint, and let’s be real- state/treasury employee cover story is getting you laid way better than being an enlisted Ranger ever will.

Me, I'd love to do it. But I gots bills to pay and my baby momma need me....

This and your previous post make me think of the guys who say: “I would have been a Ranger, but...”

Pay is relative. As someone else said, what you see isn’t quit what you get. Not unlike my job, I have GS 9s and 11s telling me they can’t afford the slight pay cut to come work in my career field, even though in 4-5 years they’ll be making double their current paycheck. I took that same pay cut 15 years ago.

I get the travel aspect. But then why even comment?

I don't know that this is accurate. There are different requirements for government employees and contractors though.

This and your previous post make me think of the guys who say: “I would have been a Ranger, but...”

Pay is relative. As someone else said, what you see isn’t quit what you get. Not unlike my job, I have GS 9s and 11s telling me they can’t afford the slight pay cut to come work in my career field, even though in 4-5 years they’ll be making double their current paycheck. I took that same pay cut 15 years ago.

I get the travel aspect. But then why even comment?

I was speaking partially tongue in cheek. I once took a big pay cut to take a job that I truly loved and older I get the less important money becomes. Whatevs.

No you get more chicks because you CAN tell them about your pay check, you can use your cover story about being State to get hot, Internship-desperate Georgetowners to suck sour patch kids off your taint, and let’s be real- state/treasury employee cover story is getting you laid way better than being an enlisted Ranger ever will.

...Especially when the Coast Guard MH60 lands on your lawn during a wedding reception and they cart you off the your state/treasury cover job, Dr. Ryan.

Back