Pedicures?

frostyred

Army HUMINT
Verified Military
Posting this here so the rest of the entire forum doesn't jump on it; I've searched regarding foot care and come across brushes with the topic but not seen anything cohesive, and given that these things can sometimes be YMMV...

For foot care, is a basic pedicure a good idea, especially if you're a novice in the ways of using a pumice stone and a ped-egg?

We usually see the argument of "toughen the feet into a scaly shell of rhino skin" vs "make sure your shit is baby's butt smooth", but I'm purely asking for mentor experience re: this, relative our needs looking towards Selection.

I subscribe more to the "have baby soft, supple feet" train of thought over the "make your entire foot a callous" way of thinking. I had pretty supple feet going into selection, and with the combination of foot powder and darn tough socks (which I highly highly recommend), I didn't get a single blister.

As far as pedicures go. Maybe get one right before you go, but it's probably a better idea to nail down your foot care routine. Maybe a nice lady at a salon could give you some pointers. I'm sure there is good content on youtube as well. If you want I have a book called "fixing your feet" I could send you too, if you're interested.

Last edited:
I subscribe more to the "have baby soft, supple feet" train of thought over the "make your entire foot a callous" way of thinking. I had pretty supple feet going into selection, and with the combination of foot powder and darn tough socks (which I highly highly recommend), I didn't get a single blister.
Reminds me I need to get onto Outdoor Prolink, because they sell Darn Tough.

(If you don't have an account on them, you should, .mil falls under their outdoor professional umbrella)

As far as pedicures go. Maybe get one right before you go, but it's probably a better idea to nail down your foot care routine. Maybe a nice lady at a salon could give you some pointers. I'm sure there is good content on youtube as well. If you want I have a book called "fixing your feet" I could send you too, if you're interested.
I never say no to good advice and free dinner.
I would happily accept that. Good to have especially with Fire Academy coming sometime next year, too.

Back