Perfect eyesight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cerealkiller

I have taken mandatory eyesight test in school and I know I don't have perfect vision but I don't wear glasses or lenses but I want to be ready when I reach the age to enlist.

I'v looked around in google and youtube to get better eyesight from exercises and eating certain foods but I want to read something that I can trust in and here in the forums I think I can trust you guys. I have a long way to go to become a Scout Sniper or even enlist into the marines ( I'v read earlier threads about people wanting to be a Scout Sniper when there young, I am in the same boat but I know I'm far from becomming a Scout Sniper because I'm in highschool in the 9th grade).

I have many years to go before I have the oppurtunity of becoming a scout sniper so I can fit whatever you suggest into my routine of workouts.

If you have any tips or suggestions, dumb or helpful, I'll give them a try!
Thanks guys

Pour salt into your eyes twice a day, see if that helps.

I'm a medical professional, I'm telling you right now that you should do as Pardus has suggested, trust me he knows what he's talking about!

That is NOT what I typed and you know it. Cereal dont put anything in your eyes unless prescribed by your eye health professional!

PS Pardus you are going to get us all in trouble!!

That is NOT what I typed and you know it. Cereal dont put anything in your eyes unless prescribed by your eye health professional!

PS Pardus you are going to get us all in trouble!!

Hey, if the kid's going to ask retarded questions he's going to get retarded answers...

If you have any tips or suggestions, dumb or helpful, I'll give them a try!
Thanks guys

Case closed.

Kid, do PT and your school work, don't fuck around with dickheads who will ruin your goals by getting you in trouble.

READ, READ, READ on this site (and elsewhere) about Scout Snipers and their training.

You posted this thread one hour after you wrote and intro, I don't believe you followed the golden rule for wannabes on this site which is...

READ MORE, POST LESS!

We want you to succeed, we don't want retards to succeed. Understand the difference?

Google eye exercises. There's one where you practice shifting your focus from near to far objects, but you have to understand the results vary from person to person.

Your desire to enlist is noble, but curb your enthusiasm. Be a kid and don't sweat your life 5-10 years from now.

The only way you learn something is asking questions.. without question what would this world be. SIR I will show you the same courtesy if you do the same.
I thank you for wanting me to succeed but I think I read a signature today that says "If you take 1/2 hour out of your day, everyday and study on your profession, you will be in the top 5% of that profession" This isn't my profession yet but it will some day be and I will use this forums to learn the right info.. I want to be prepared and I can still focus on school and my grades while I prepare.
This is my reason of posting and my only, not to argue over something pointless.
Thanks

Okay. There are plenty of Marines who wear corrective lenses. There are plenty of Marines who wear corrective lenses who qual Expert and can shoot the eye out of a gnat. Carrots are good for your eyes. Eat more carrots. Before you start thinking about being a Scout-Sniper, you have to start thinking about getting a HS diploma, meeting USMC requirements for enlistment, making it through your first few weeks of bootcamp without getting shitcanned, qualifying high Expert on the rifle range, kicking ass in SOI (School of Infantry) and basically jumping a few dozen more hurdles before you ever get to go to Scout-Sniper school. That's the limit of my advice...we have Marine Scout-Snipers on this forum who can advise you further.

I'm sensing an attitude in your last post. Wrong. You are talking to military professionals. Pardus, for one, has earned the right to address you any way he chooses and I suggest you STFU, humble-down and be grateful he has even condescended to reply to your thread.

No Attitude, I'm really not looking for a fight.. I know he is a respected member of this forums and to his branch but I feel that he was insulting me and being rude. He has the right to insult me because any Jackass in this country can insult you and I am defending myself, my thread, and my respect. I have the right to this as it says in your forum rules.
I just want to get a answer that benefits me and will prepare me for the future as a Marine, not a Scout Sniper, I know I can make the training and bootcamp (I'm pretty confident). If I'm not a sniper I'm fine with that but I think I can accomplish this if I set my mind to it.

I'm no Marine and I don't really know what the requirements are for the Scout-Snipers when it comes down to your vision. I do however know that in the CF wearing glasses or contacts doesn't disqualify for being a sniper. Hell I can't see that well at things that are at far distances and I still score damn near perfect every time I shoot. So don't worry to much about the glasses thing, concentrate at the 25m target right now and get your HS.

I admire your aspirations kiddo-stick to 'em. But try not to get your back up too much. If you felt someones comments were rude-that is nothing compared to what you will go through in basic.
Luck to you!

No Attitude, I'm really not looking for a fight.. I know he is a respected member of this forums and to his branch but I feel that he was insulting me and being rude. He has the right to insult me because any Jackass in this country can insult you and I am defending myself, my thread, and my respect. I have the right to this as it says in your forum rules.
I just want to get a answer that benefits me and will prepare me for the future as a Marine, not a Scout Sniper, I know I can make the training and bootcamp (I'm pretty confident). If I'm not a sniper I'm fine with that but I think I can accomplish this if I set my mind to it.

Listen to me boy, there will be no fighting, you open your fresh mouth again and you'll be dealt with by myself of another member of staff.

You have no fucking rights on this board, get it?

You think I insulted you? :rolleyes:

Grow up pussy, you were told to read more post less, I suggest you do it!

Now you've pissed me off, i'll be watching.

Okay. There are plenty of Marines who wear corrective lenses. There are plenty of Marines who wear corrective lenses who qual Expert and can shoot the eye out of a gnat. Carrots are good for your eyes. Eat more carrots.

The pre-reqs say 20/20 perfect eyesight, So I can get some corrective lenses and a Sniper school enlistment Officer wouldn't say anything.. they can't disqualify you when you shoot marksman - expert?
I think I might consider getting glasses or lenses, thanks.

Going to end this thread now, thanks for the help and suggestions.
@pardus, I did get my panties in a bunch, I'm sorry brother but I think its too late for sorry, hope you understand and think what you would of done if you were the same age in the same situation.

The pre-reqs say 20/20 perfect eyesight, So I can get some corrective lenses and a Sniper school enlistment Officer wouldn't say anything.. they can't disqualify you when you shoot marksman - expert?
I think I might consider getting glasses or lenses, thanks.

@pardus, I did get my panties in a bunch, I'm sorry brother but I think its too late for sorry, hope you understand and think what you would of done if you were the same age in the same situation.

Awesome. :D

1, You don't get to end threads, that's my job.
2, I'm not your brother, you haven't earned that right.
3, In the same situation I'd STFU and realize I'm a dumb kid that doesn't know shit yet.

I reread my post a couple of times to try and see where you would construe an insult, not because I would be sorry about it just because i don't recall 'insulting' you.
My conclusion as I said before is that you are a pussy kid.

I'm fucking sick of kids coming on here thinking they have a right to say what they want and think they are justified in what they do.

This isn't high school where you can cry and someone will come and hold your hand because the bad man was mean to you.

Fucking grow up and realize you are "thinking" about joining a man's club, you aren't anything yet and should be displaying nothing but humbleness.

In general I fucking hate kids, but, we do have a few younger members here that have earned my and other old timer's respect, you could be like that if you drop your fucking attitude and stop trying to fucking justify your little bitch hurt feelings.

Drop your attitude, realize you have no 'rights' here and need to learn from us the way we want to teach/show you, it's not up to you.

Get It?

Do that and you will do OK on here and you could reap the benefits of the insight you could gain.

I'm willing to help someone who deserves it, just as most other members on this board are willing to help.

You have a choice to make, I hope you make the right one.

I know I can make the training and bootcamp (I'm pretty confident).

We have a member of this board, his exact injury escapes me, but he made it through 11B OSUT only to get a med discharge because of a broken bone in his leg. I think highly, very highly, of this man and knew he'd be a rock star in uniform. He didn't get his chance. My best friend from high school, my best friend to this day actually, made it through Basic and was two weeks out from completing AIT so he could go to jump school. He hyperextended his knee, never made it through jump school.....another rock star's career cut short by fate/ luck/ destiny/ whatever.

You know when you made it? When you ETS because until then it simply isn't over.

"Brother?" You are so far from being able to put yourself on that plane of existence.....

Slow down, okay? Breathe and slow down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back