Verified Military
za1.jpg

za2.jpg

w2.jpg

w3.jpg

w4.jpg

w5.jpg

w1.jpg

An Irish soldier from the European Union Force (EUFOR) waves at passing Chadian army troops, as smoke from a controlled detonation (top L) rises, just outside the eastern Chadian town of Gos Beida June 8, 2008. EUFOR has deployed a force of about 3,000 troops in Chad to help secure the lawless border region near Sudan, where cross-border violence from Darfur has uprooted nearly 400,000 Chadians and Sudanese living in the area. EUFOR says it has destroyed some 80 unexploded ordanance in the past month near Gos Beida alone.

wc9.jpg

EOD personal from the Irish contingent of the European Union Force (EUFOR) dig a hole to dispose of a rocket propelled grenade found by the roadside near the eastern town of Gos Beida June 8, 2008. EUFOR has deployed a force of about 3,000 troops in Chad to help secure the lawless border region near Sudan, where cross-border violence from Darfur has uprooted nearly 400,000 Chadians and Sudanese living in the area. EUFOR says it has destroyed some 80 unexploded ordanance in the past month near Gos Beida alone.

wwwreuterscomfz0.jpg

file18894266024sm4.jpg

Irish military vehicles and troops from the European Union Force (EUFOR) patrol near the eastern Chadian town of Gos Beida, June 13, 2008. Anti-government rebels in Chad attacked the eastern town of Goz-Beida on Saturday and heavy fighting was taking place there, an aid worker told Reuters.

Am I write in saying that soldier in pic above is wearing a shemagh to protect against airborne viruses/infections that are rife in the IDP/Refugee camps?I thought I heard something about that on that Late Late special!The reason I ask is because I'd imagine it is just a tad bit warm in Chad!

Am I write in saying that soldier in pic above is wearing a shemagh to protect against airborne viruses/infections that are rife in the IDP/Refugee camps?I thought I heard something about that on that Late Late special!The reason I ask is because I'd imagine it is just a tad bit warm in Chad!

I doubt he's using it for that. I don't think the shemaghs have micropore filters. :D He's probably trying to keep from breathing the dust and such kicked up in vehicle operations.

I doubt he's using it for that. I don't think the shemaghs have micropore filters. :D He's probably trying to keep from breathing the dust and such kicked up in vehicle operations.

I agree..;)..

Nice pictures! But*Whew*....i was scared for a second of what I'd find when I read the thread title of "Irish Troops in Chad".

What a relief! :doh:

Back