Pipeline Questions

Husker13

Unverified
Good Morning! As I've said before, I've done a bit of homework on the SOWT career field as a whole, but I've found very little on the officer track. I realize there isn't much difference between actual training between E and O tracks, and I believe there are only about 20 or so officers at any one time in the career field (please correct me if I'm wrong). That being said, it's highly selective. Question is: what are some things to do that would make my package more competitive compared to others (other than the obvious, like higher PAST scores)? Is there an ideal pay grade to enter, like O-2 or O-3? Thank you for your help!

Good Morning! As I've said before, I've done a bit of homework on the SOWT career field as a whole, but I've found very little on the officer track. I realize there isn't much difference between actual training between E and O tracks, and I believe there are only about 20 or so officers at any one time in the career field (please correct me if I'm wrong). That being said, it's highly selective. Question is: what are some things to do that would make my package more competitive compared to others (other than the obvious, like higher PAST scores)? Is there an ideal pay grade to enter, like O-2 or O-3? Thank you for your help!
Things that would make your package more competitive in the SOWT career field are the same things that would make your package more competitive in the normal AF- tons of leadership not commensurate with your pay grade, spotless record, top performance at whatever Phase program the SOWT career field runs.

Protip, Sir- never, ever, for any reason should you use the PAST test as any sort of indicator for performance. It is a laughable standard that holds no bearing other than a crappy box to check to gain entry to selection. If anything, you should be using your graduation standards for physical evaluation. Not the entrance exam.

Try specialtactics.com and search around for SOWT related info. If that turns up nothing for you, I can put you in touch with some guys in the career field.

Back