Not AFSOC, but I thought Ravage would like the pics

Attachments

• 090410-F-4177H-987.jpg
    090410-F-4177H-987.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 85
  • 090410-F-4177H-928.jpg
    090410-F-4177H-928.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 108
ACC = Air Combat Command (what was formed out of TAC and SAC from back in the day)

STS= Special Tactics Squadron (comprised of PJ's, CCT's, SOWT's, and now SOF TACP's (? on this last one))

Please forgive me and correct me if I jump out of line with the answer.

Yup, sure would :)

2h6hyew.jpg

A U.S. Air Force HH-60 Pavehawk from the 64th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, Joint Base Balad, Iraq, flies over the Iraqi landscape April 10, 2009, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

i5t6i0.jpg

A U.S. Air Force HH-60 Pavehawk from the 64th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, Joint Base Balad, Iraq, comes in for a landing during a proficiency exercise April 10, 2009, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

2psn86r.jpg

U.S. Air Force Pararescueman Senior Airman Matthew, from the 64th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, Joint Base Balad, Iraq, prepares to repel from an HH-60 Pavehawk helicopter during a proficiency exercise outside of Baghdad, Iraq, April 10, 2009, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

smzmnp.jpg

U.S. Air Force Captain Jay Humphrey, HH-60G Pavehawk helicopter pilot assigned to the 64th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, Joint Base Balad, Iraq, attaches his helmet prior to a proficiency exercise April 10, 2009, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

30m46mu.jpg

U.S. Air Force pararescuemen, assigned to the 64th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, Joint Base Balad, Iraq, prepare to board an HH-60 Pavehawk helicopter during proficiency training April 10, 2009, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

2s6k9zd.jpg

U.S. Air Force HH-60 Pavehawk gunner Staff Sgt. Jason Stitt from the 64th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, Joint Base Balad, Iraq, scans for obstructions during proficiency training outside of Baghdad, Iraq, April 10, 2009, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

5drrcn.jpg

U.S. Air Force Pararescueman Staff Sgt. Ivan Eggel, assigned to the 64th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, Joint Base Balad, Iraq, conducts security for an HH-60 Pavehawk helicopter during a proficiency exercise April 10, 2009, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

28b7hue.jpg

A U.S. Air Force Pararescueman from the 64th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, Joint Base Balad, Iraq, repels from an HH-60 Pavehawk helicopter during a proficiency exercise outside of Baghdad, Iraq, April 10, 2009, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

14bkeuh.jpg

U.S. Air Force Pararescuemen from the 64th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, Joint Base Balad, Iraq, are hoisted into an HH-60 Pavehawk helicopter outside of Baghdad, Iraq during a proficiency exercise April 10, 2009, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

zna1k7.jpg

U.S. Air Force Combat Rescue Officer, Capt. Robert Wilson, assigned to the 64th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, Joint Base Balad, Iraq, scans for threats below during a mission April 10, 2009, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

ofu7gx.jpg

U.S. Air Force Combat Rescue Officer Capt. Robert Wilson, assigned to the 64th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, Joint Base Balad, Iraq, conducts security for an HH-60 Pavehawk helicopter during proficiency training April 10, 2009, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

291mdqs.jpg

A U.S. Air Force Pararescueman from the 64th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, Joint Base Balad, Iraq, fast ropes from an HH-60 Pavehawk helicopter during a proficiency exercise outside of Baghdad, Iraq, April 10, 2009, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

jipc7n.jpg

U.S. Air Force Pararescuemen from the 64th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, Joint Base Balad, Iraq, are hoisted to an HH-60 Pavehawk helicopter outside of Baghdad, Iraq during a proficiency exercise April 10, 2009, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

2zyitzo.jpg

U.S. Air Force Pararescuemen from the 64th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, Joint Base Balad, Iraq, are hoisted into an HH-60 Pavehawk helicopter outside of Baghdad, Iraq during a proficiency exercise April 10, 2009, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

2l5hr5.jpg

A U.S. Air Force Pararescueman from the 64th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, Joint Base Balad, Iraq, repels from an HH-60 Pavehawk helicopter during proficiency training outside of Baghdad, Iraq, April 10, 2009, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

2vrsffr.jpg

A U.S. Air Force HH-60 Pavehawk from the 64th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, Joint Base Balad, Iraq, comes in for a landing during a proficiency exercise April 10, 2009, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

10r6za0.jpg

A U.S. Air Force Pararescueman from the 64th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, Joint Base Balad, Iraq, repels from an HH-60 Pavehawk helicopter during a proficiency exercise outside of Baghdad, Iraq, April 10, 2009, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

1z3xxdy.jpg

U.S. Air Force Combat Rescue Officer Capt. Robert Wilson, assigned to the 64th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, Joint Base Balad, Iraq, enters a building during a proficiency exercise April 10, 2009, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

2n6bxo0.jpg

U.S. Air Force Combat Rescue Officer Capt. Robert Wilson, assigned to the 64th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, Joint Base Balad, Iraq, takes time for a photograph with an Iraqi boy April 10, 2009, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

2czenw0.jpg

U.S. Air Force HH-60 Pavehawk helicopter gunner, Staff Sgt. Derrick Bloom from the 64th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, Joint Base Balad, Iraq, stands by for engines startup prior to a proficiency exercise outside of Baghdad, Iraq, April 10, 2009, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

5aerer.jpg

U.S. Air Force Combat Rescue Officer Capt. Robert Wilson, assigned to the 64th Expeditionary Rescue Squadron, Joint Base Balad, Iraq, shields his face from debris prior to extraction on an HH-60 Pavehawk helicopter during proficiency training outside of Baghdad, Iraq, April 10, 2009, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Not a problem, as far as the SOF-TACP's they have just recently brought one of the ASOG's or ASOS's (Air Support Operations Group/Squadron) into the fold at AFSOC. From what I gather a lot of people felt it was long overdue. Whether or not that whole TACP contigent in that particular squadron is or will be SOF-TACP qual'd I haven't a clue. So as far as it stands AFAIK, one ASOS (where the TACP's are assigned I believe) was brought into AFSOC, but there are others ASOS's that aren't AFSOC. There was a thread...um...around here about this....here it is...might give a little more insight on this move. http://www.shadowspear.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15193

From my little understanding, to be qualified as SOF-TACP, you have to have a minimum of X years as a TACP and meet additional requirements and "try-out."

www.romad.com has a lot of additional information about the TACP field.

Thanks Brat. I appreciate it. I am stupid on the Airforce stuff. I was a good Paratrooper and preformed Google-fu and found the first 2 answers but could not find info (did not look hard enough on SOF-TACP's).

F.M.

Not a problem, as far as the SOF-TACP's they have just recently brought one of the ASOG's or ASOS's (Air Support Operations Group/Squadron) into the fold at AFSOC. From what I gather a lot of people felt it was long overdue. Whether or not that whole TACP contingent in that particular squadron is or will be SOF-TACP qual'd I haven't a clue. So as far as it stands AFAIK, one ASOS (where the TACP's are assigned I believe) was brought into AFSOC, but there are others ASOS's that aren't AFSOC. There was a thread...um...around here about this....here it is...might give a little more insight on this move. http://www.shadowspear.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15193

From my little understanding, to be qualified as SOF-TACP, you have to have a minimum of X years as a TACP and meet additional requirements and "try-out."

Not a problem, as far as the SOF-TACP's they have just recently brought one of the ASOG's or ASOS's (Air Support Operations Group/Squadron) into the fold at AFSOC. From what I gather a lot of people felt it was long overdue. Whether or not that whole TACP contingent in that particular squadron is or will be SOF-TACP qual'd I haven't a clue. So as far as it stands AFAIK, one ASOS (where the TACP's are assigned I believe) was brought into AFSOC, but there are others ASOS's that aren't AFSOC. There was a thread...um...around here about this....here it is...might give a little more insight on this move. http://www.shadowspear.com/vb/showthread.php?t=15193

The 17ASOS is now part of the 720th STG. SOF-TACP's work with Army SOF, and they are adding positions within the STS community. I am one of those who think this is long overdue.

yes, brat, TACP's will now be part of STS. From what I hear, they'll have a selection and then be assigned to STS to support the mission. One more dude that can call in nasty air support. Not too shabby. All good info.

The SOF-TACPs that are coming into the STS arena are mainly coming from the SOF detachments that were already in place (funded by ACC not AFSOC) and from the Ranger Battalions. They have to apply for the STS positions with written packages and records and from there they go TDY for a week to test. Testing is the AFSOC PT test on top of interviews, knowledge based tests and some other deals. They are only selecting so many per year for the first cpl years and see how it goes. It is way past due and is a great addition to the STS community. The one and only job of TACP is close air support and they do it very well.

...small world

a pair of HH-60s flew over my platoon with the PJs feet hanging out.......it was the same day too, 10 APR. We were just on a regular patrol.

Guess that answers my question about CROs at JBB.

.....wild

Back