Plan Turns Green Beret Into a College Degree

• Thread starter Deleted member 2517
  • Start date
I finished this initiative in August 2012. Being cadre it was super easy to complete. Working on B.S. now but not with any of the 4 year schools that fully articulate this degree. Thomas Edison state college and Excelsior college, all good schools, are more liberal on their credit transfer.
I had a terrible experience with Thomas Edison Stae College. I was using TA, and with TA being approved once you enroll in classes and TESC requiring that you pay BEFORE enrolling, I was not able to make it work. Also they sent my test to the base education office, had it returned with a note from the education office that they were no longer able to proctor tests, but never notified me of this. They did have a very friendly military credit transfer, which was what drew me to them in the first place, but they were not good for someone still in the military, IMHO.
Reed

I am a little bit confused, is this in effect now? How do I do this? There has been no email traffic going out about it. This would greatly help as I am about to transition to the guard.

SOCAD agreement
http://www.soc.aascu.org/socad/Default.html
It has most of the info you'll need.

Btw- for the 18Ds out there that don't know or remember Western Carolina University and, as of this year, George Washington University. GWU isn't up on the SOCAD website yet, nor is it on their own website but the program started up this past spring. There are two degree programs one is in EMS management the other is something more clinically oriented, both are a BS.
http://www.gwumc.edu/healthsci/about/militaryprograms.cfm

Hope this helps some. I am stuck with over 90 credit hours, not including Q-course, and nothing to show for it. Guess that's what I get for changing majors all the time. :thumbsdown:

I'm taking classes through AMU. Their resident program went non-resident online in Oct 2011. I received 48hrs through military certs.

The inprocessing takes awhile, but once you're in the system the classes are fairly easy to enroll in and take.

The tuition reimbursement $$ aren't too bad either.

The university I attended gave me 54 lower division and 6 upper division for my military training. It helped out immensely towards a degree, as I was able to walk in as a junior without any prior college coursework.

Back