Poll: Should the UN/NATO/US/Someone Create a No-Fly Zone Over Libya?

No-Fly?

• Yes

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters
Exactly. Feed the rebels weapons and ammo and other way behind the scene help but let them fight there fight. The rebels are winning the battles and control a lot of land already. They are withstanding the air attacks. It might take a few days or it might take a few months but they have the intiative today.

Establishing a NoFly Zone would save lives but there is no need to get involved especially when are involvement is not even wanted.
Didn't the U.S. feed a certain group of rebels during the 80's? How did that turn out for us?

Agreed but if they win then there will be a need to step in with aid and to help them to establish themselves as a stable nation. What you suggested has been done before with zero follow through and its still a mess.

I here what your sayin. After the fighting is done I absolutely agree we will need follow through to prevent radicals from stepping into the void. What form that aid comes from will probably have to be more international. A US led effort will only hurt the effort but I'm sure much of the money will come from the US. The country can't be allowed to become another lawless Somolia.

I think our country has a vested interest in a stable Ghadfiless Libya but I don't think we can lead any efforts militarily or humanitarian unless things change and the Libyan's ask for our help.

Didn't the U.S. feed a certain group of rebels during the 80's? How did that turn out for us?

Horribly because there was no follow through after the Soviets left Afghanistan. The same thing could happen to Libya that happened to Lebanon. Isreal levels have of southern Lebanon with our help and then we walked away. Hezzbollah stepped into the vaccuum and now they are running the country. If our country learned anything over the last 30 years it's just because the fighting stops doesn't mean the problem is solved.

Back