Possible move to Hampton Roads for Navy SEAL headquarters

• Thread starter Boondocksaint375
  • Start date
B

Boondocksaint375

Hampton roads is where I ran my last two races. Pretty nice, of course I don't think they'd want to give up SoCal lol.

Possible move to Hampton Roads for Navy SEAL headquarters

[SIZE=-1]08:15 AM EDT on Saturday, May 26, 2007

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]13News[/SIZE]

A proposal to move the Navy SEAL headquarters from California to the Virginia is being questioned by Senator Dianne Feinstein.
The California Democrat wrote a letter to Defense Secretary Robert Gates that was released Friday.
Feinstein said she was unsure whether the $ 51 million dollar move would improve the elite force's ability to train and deploy SEALs around the world.
Under the proposal by the U-S Special Operations Command, the Navy would move the SEAL headquarters to Little Creek by about 2011.
The Navy has said the move would put the headquarters in the same time zone as other special operations forces, making coordination between commands easier.

I thought this was a done deal?

You like that area, boon? That's where I'm from - Va. Beach.

You like that area, boon? That's where I'm from - Va. Beach.

I do, it's over 3 hours from me though. Access to a lot of parks and trails, and it is right on the water.

Have you been for a run in Seashore State Park? Some of the smaller side trails can really kick your ass!
I used to run there - back when I could run. :(

nah I havent. I want to go back in September for the 100 mile race.... but well you probably read that thread ;)

Hello.... we're talking Washington here. "Done Deals" during a previous parties leadership don't always translate to the same thing when a 'new management' band of thieves takes over. ;) Rule #2 in Washington: "Crap runs downhill". For instance; maybe you thought NASA's Space Center was changed to Houston because of some strategic advantage??

Hell, by the time all the influence peddling is in and the political games are played, the SEALs will be lucky if their new HQ doesn't end up out at the Salton Sea! :doh:

Feinstein said she was unsure whether the $ 51 million dollar move would improve the elite force's ability to train and deploy SEALs around the world.

Unsure because she would'nt have a fucking clue about anything to do the military is more like!

WTF are you making a comment like this for you stupid bitch?

I'm unsure what the 1,456th numeral of PI is too... :rolleyes:

Unsure because she would'nt have a fucking clue about anything to do the military is more like!

WTF are you making a comment like this for you stupid bitch?

I'm unsure what the 1,456th numeral of PI is too... :rolleyes:

Its a pure political play to her constituency weakly disguised as genuine concern for the military.

She's a piece of shit, end of story.

The only thing Feinstein's sure about is that her State of California would be losing the SEALs.

All politicians are assmunchers in my book, well until I run for office in Kentucky as sheriff, PB as Mayor and paddlefoot as hanging judge! :D }:-)

All politicians are assmunchers in my book, well until I run for office in Kentucky as sheriff, PB as Mayor and paddlefoot as hanging judge! :D }:-)

Let me know when this happens. I want to come be the loveable town drunk.

:D

With you our society is finally nearing completion! :D

If you need me to do so, I can multi-task. Town drunk, town bum, crazy guy who shoots up the town every once in a while. I can fill all those roles.

I'm going to go ask my wife for permission.

If I don't ever come back, assume I'm not allowed to play.

We hang car thieves.

Let me know when this happens. I want to come be the loveable town drunk.

:D

We'll only have two cells, but that's alright, they'll always be empty. Justice is swift in these parts. Just don't forget to lock up the courthouse after you've slept it off.

As for the original topic, they would just be moving HQ, but not the training center near San Diego? Or would everything move to the East Coast? Wouldn't make sense to move one and not the other.

I can't imagine they would move the training center. They used to train at Little Creek and Fort Meyers (?) in FL. They consolidated and moved everything to Coronado back in the 70's iirc. I would think the main reason to have HQ one the East coast would be to be in the same time zone as SOCOM. BUDs is 24/7....the time zone doesn't matter! :D

Back