A 20-year-old Saudi student has been charged with attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction and may have targeted former President George W. Bush, the Justice Department said Thursday.
FBI agents arrested Khalid Ali-M Aldawsari, who was admitted into the United States in 2008 on a student visa, in Texas on Wednesday. The Justice Department accuses him of purchasing chemicals and equipment to make an improvised explosive device.
Aldawsari, a chemical engineering student at South Plains College near Lubbock, allegedly referred to Bush's Dallas home as a "tyrant's house" and may have contemplated using dolls and baby carriages to blow up dams, nuclear plants or the Bush home in Dallas, the Justice Department said.
More U.S. news
- Saudi student arrested in plot to bomb Bush home
Authorities allege he tried to use a weapon of mass destruction.Full story
- After 9/11, U.S. gave more visas to Saudi students
- http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41758705/ns/us_news-security/41762308Tribes resume sacred ritual: Hunting bison
- Report: Army targeted U.S. senators with psy-ops
- Scientist: Baby dolphin deaths had '07 precedent