Prior Marine Applying to WOFT

Give’m the Rooster

Marine Raider
Verified SOF
I know this is not directly applicable towards the 160th so if this fits better else where or is inappropriate please remove it.

I am a former Marine Raider and am getting ready to apply for the WOFT program. I am looking to get into contact with any current or former Army Aviators and am seeking help with my package and some general questions of what to expect. If anyone is willing to speak with me please send me a message. For your SA I have already taken the SIFT, done part one of the flight physical (part two will be completed next month), gotten most of my LORs, and written my essay (at least the first draft).

I have looked over the forums on verticlereference.com, however I figured I would reach out on here as this website is more closely aligned with the community that I came from and hope to rejoin. Thanks!

Just curious, did you get anywhere with this? I am working on putting a package together right now...

I did, currently a WO1 in flight school. I'll shoot you a DM with details.
Congrats on getting to flight school. I know this is off topic but I see you’re a raider. I’m trying to go to A&S in August just waiting for my asvab scores to come back so I can start the package. I’m currently enlisted. Do you got any advice or tips on getting prepared for selection? I’d appreciate it. Semper Fi.

Your question would be better asked in the correct forum, as you yourself said. Pose your question in the relevant forum for the best responses.

What did you use to study SIFT, I have the FAA Helicopter Handbook I’ve been reading, as soon as my approval for IST I’ll be taking the SIFT
what books did you use for SIFT?, and how long did you study before pulling the trigger on taking the test? I’m currently working on my Inter service transfer and reading the FAA helicopter handbook.

Back