OCONUS Employment Private Military Contracting/ Security

AKkeith

Killin It
Verified Military
The Deptartment of State has released $20 Billion of new task orders for WPS II. 7 companies have been awarded. Those companies are: Triple Canopy, Sally Port, SOC, Sterling, Patriot Group/Chenega, Guarda and Aegis (Guarda recently bought Aegis.)
These companies are going to be looking for a lot of guys to fill these new sites. Force Protection Officers, Senior Guards, PSS static and mobile then of course PSS/EMTs.

If you're looking to get into contracting nows a good time to throw your name into the hat. Contrary to what some say, the money is still here like in the good old days.

If you have any questions I can try to point you in the right direction.

Hi AKKeith, I'm just curious where I might start looking for some entry-level PMC work, for a guy that does not have special operations experience. It's been awhile since I've been overseas, as well, so my experience is a bit dated.

I did 12 years of service with the Army National Guard. For the first two and a half years, I was on active duty doing force protection for a small installation, the rest was traditional drilling time except for my 3 years of work with Military Funeral Honors (which was still part time). I deployed to Iraq in 2007 and did PSD operations for the Army Corps of Engineers, occasionally working with some guys from Aegis, Erinys International, and Falcon Group. In 2010 I deployed to Kosovo, where I served in a much more administrative role, but was still called upon to do some traveling and conduct some financial liability investigations along the Serbian border.

On the civilian side I have college education up to my MBA in management, and some sworn law enforcement experience. I graduated my state's police academy as valedictorian in 2009 and worked on patrol for awhile, but I've been out of it for many years.

Most of the job openings you see posted by DynCorp and Triple Canopy are for high-risk ops in Iraq/Afghanistan and require special operations experience. Is there any PMC opportunities that someone with my qualifications might be eligible for?

Back