Private Military Contractors

jakobisrex

Unverified
What are their main purposes besides providing security? And how do they get their operators? My guess is they run a backround check or something of that manner.

There is no main purpose beside providing security. Their existence is to provide security.

They are private security companies.

Private military company = Executive Outcomes.. and that sexy shit aint around anymore.

Their operators are former military, mostly guys from SOF units. Very vigorous background checks and screening process.

Contrary to popular belief, "private military contractors" do all sorts of shit aside from provide security. They haul supplies, cook chow, provide all sorts of support in general. The "security contractors" that you speak of are not "operators." "Operator" is the latest and greatest buzzword that is thrown around in military and law enforcement circles like a two dollar whore.

Ehh Idk why I just used that term either. Especially since I get annoyed when SF, Rangers, or SEALs call themselves operators when in fact it is technically incorrect lol

Contrary to popular belief, "private military contractors" do all sorts of shit aside from provide security. They haul supplies, cook chow, provide all sorts of support in general. The "security contractors" that you speak of are not "operators." "Operator" is the latest and greatest buzzword that is thrown around in military and law enforcement circles like a two dollar whore.

Thank you. The majority of contractors don't even carry a weapon (I'm one), yet Iraq and Afghanistan simply wouldn't happen without us. Not a single aircraft....not ONE, will fly over those countries without a contractor directly involved in the process. IT functions? The majority of those jobs are going contractor.

Our military is incapable of waging a protracted war without contractors. Cuts in manning for certain career fields have made this impossible. People either forget that or don't know it.

Thank you. The majority of contractors don't even carry a weapon (I'm one), yet Iraq and Afghanistan simply wouldn't happen without us. Not a single aircraft....not ONE, will fly over those countries without a contractor directly involved in the process. IT functions? The majority of those jobs are going contractor.

Our military is incapable of waging a protracted war without contractors. Cuts in manning for certain career fields have made this impossible. People either forget that or don't know it.

You dirty mercenary! :D

You dirty mercenary! :D

Actually, according to an interview given by a former boss of mine (the 1-star Wing King at Bagram) we are "lethargic war-profiteers" who are part of a "cumbersome" and ineffective process.

Fuck that guy. His little poopy-suited pilots don't fly without us unless they want the skies to be a mad free-for-all. Mail, chow, clean clothes, construction (you want power?), comm (morale calls don't automagically happen)...the list goes on.

I aspire to be a mercenary. :D

Where the fuck where you, off the coast of the New World circa 1700? :D

I was sent by Sith Lord Cheney to find the city of El Dorado and return with a king's ransom.

Instead I found myself at Bagram, unable to even return with a Whopper with Cheese.

Instead I found myself at Bagram, unable to even return with a Whopper with Cheese.

That is because a militree commander learned of thy plan and thwarted thy effort! But alas, he is gone now and you may even have a White Castle! Victory is second only to chow!

I can "operate" a stove. I know how to flip eggs.....

But I'm not an operator. Never was.

I can "operate" a stove. I know how to flip eggs.....

But I'm not an operator. Never was.

What cracks me up about the use of that word is how people like to replace their actual job title with "operator." I would have preferred commando over operator anyday! :p

Back