PTSD and War Related Stress Booklet and PTSD and the Family Booklet

RackMaster

Nasty-Dirty-Canuck
SOF Support
These are fairly new booklets that were produced up here and are great resources. I had both booklets in pdf already downloaded and in a zip file but for some reason I got an error when I tried to upload them.

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and War-Related Stress

Acknowledgement This information has been adapted from the publication Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and War Related Stress, an information handbook produced by the National Centre for War-Related PTSD which is a collaborative partnership between the Commonwealth Department of Veterans' Affairs, the University of Melbourne and the Austin and Repatriation Medical Centre. Veterans Affairs Canada wishes to thank the National Centre for providing us with permission to reproduce the information.
http://www.vac-acc.gc.ca/clients/sub.cfm?source=mhealth/ptsd#introd

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and the Family

Purpose of this Booklet When someone at home has been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), the whole family will be affected. If you are parents with young children (pre-school to 12 years) and if you or your spouse/partner has PTSD, this booklet is for you. It will provide both of you with information to help you recognize how your children might be affected and what to do about it. It will also alert you to the potential signs of excessive stress in your children and suggest ways you can help to protect your children from disruptions in family life.

Back