Questions Regarding my Enlistment and Waivers

Peirg

Unverified
Hello All,

I am going to try and write this as straightforward as possible, so hang with me.

My goal is to enlist as an 18X in the next 6 months.

1. I'm currently 19, when I was 17 I got a minor in possession of alcohol (misdemeanor), I was in a car where an underage passenger had alcohol but I went through a diversion program (Probation for 9 months, community service, fines) after I completed that successfully I was told my charge was never put on my record, and that I wouldn't have to tell any jobs or colleges about it, will something like this cause a problem with enlisting? I'm guessing it will and would like your opinions. (A MIP in my state is now a citation, but a misdemeanor when it happened to me, just in case that changes anything)

2. I've had two hip surgeries, one left side, one right. Both minimally invasive arthroscopies in which my labrums were repaired. Along with having bone shaved down which was done to prevent the tears from happening again, as well as to improve range of motion. I have all my medical records as well as a note from my surgeon saying that I'm fully recovered and am that the surgery improved me. Can I expect to get a waiver for this?

3. If either of these issues disqualify me from enlisting as an 18X what would my next best option be if my goal is SF? Enlist 11B and hope to get an opportunity at Basic?

Thank you to everyone who responds. I hope everyone has a great day.

Back