Questions

Gentlemen,

@Teufel First, thank you for getting this thread setup and to everyone for the continuous information provided and shared on this forum!

I am curious if anyone has had or has seen any recent success for reservists submitting packages for A&S as the last MARADMIN I can find is 427/15. I have searched this forum and the most relevant thread seems to be from 2017.

I ask this as I am currently working to put together a package to re-enlist into the reserves as I am currently off-contract. Reserve to A&S and if selected back to AD seems to be the most optimal route, as well as keeping a plan b in tact of holding down my current job. Additionally, to the best of my knowledge my other route would be PSEP and hoping the first command I land at allows me to submit a package up once I arrive. PSEP would currently be a non-starter for me due to a compromise my Wife and I made.

Thanks in advance for any additional light that could be shed on this.

Just to update this thread: Last week I contacted a MARSOC screener and inquired about reservist opportunities for A&S this year. I was informed they are no longer accepting reservists for their CSO program.

Our correspondence, verbatim:

ME: "I am searching for information on reservist Marine opportunities to attend A&S in 2019. Is MARSOC accepting reserve applicants for A&S this year?"

SCREENER: "We do not take Reserve Marines for our CSO program."

ME: "Understood. Therefore, to get a spot in an A&S class, I’ll have to be on active duty and go from there? I’m aware there have been reservists attend selection."

SCREENER: "You are correct, we used to send 15 Reservist per A&S Class and we stopped doing that in early 2017. You would have to come back on Active duty. There is no guarantee that your monitor would release (you) to lat move though. If your monitor agrees and you meet all the prerequisites, then yes you would be able to attend.

*REQUIRED TO SCREEN FOR RECRUITING*
- LCpl to Sgt or 1stLt to Capt with Career designation, AD only.
-Must be a volunteer
-Secret Clearance eligible
-All MOSs are eligible
-Minimum GT - 105
-Minimum PFT – 235 (250 or higher to be competitive)
-No NJPs in the last 12 months, no more than two on current enlistment.
-Must be eligible to reenlist.
-Medical Screening: Pass the NSW Special OPS Physical
-TIG/TIS restrictions
-No more than 18 months TIG as a Sgt upon attending ITC.
-No more than 24 months TIG as a Capt upon attending ITC."

I hope this will help some reservists with the same questions I had.

@Teufel is the point of the mentour program to hook up guys who want to train together for a certain SOF, or to be a strictly over the internet thing...or both? I don't mean to ask a obvious question, but that is what it seems its being used for and I'm thinking I misesd something.

@Teufel is the point of the mentour program to hook up guys who want to train together for a certain SOF, or to be a strictly over the internet thing...or both? I don't mean to ask a obvious question, but that is what it seems its being used for and I'm thinking I misesd something.
It's up to the mentor really but I wouldn't expect much outside of the internet. I think all our MARSOC and recon members are still active duty. It's a busy lifestyle.

If you can establish a link up with others in your area, thats really up to you. Ive had guys stationed here meet up for poolwork mainly, since that seems to be a problem area for some.

Back