R&R

Mr.Hyde

Marine
Verified Military
Just want to extend an opportunity to any brothers in arms in the Jacksonville, N.C. area to join me on fishing trips or fill a seat if you are looking for a fellow angler. If you have a few spots you like to hit up and are willing to share I could always use a change of scenery. I do both fresh and saltwater fishing, from pier to surf to bank and as soon as I repair the steering in my boat (named Libo Risk) I'll be fishing off her again.
So far I have had some good fishing near the Onslow Beach turn bridge. Lots of black drum and speckled trout. The upper-portion of the White Oak river did not produce for me over the weekend, but is a beautiful river. I haven't had luck at Fort Macon up in Morehead City yet, but it seems promising. Looking forward to getting back up there.
If you have any questions or want to share stories hit me up. I love the outdoors and have been hunting and fishing most my life.

That's a nice offer for fellow Marines.

When I was in J-Ville, I bought an old boat for $700 with a buddy of mine (a Navy A6A right-seater). We'll call him "Lt. Mike."

We came up New River and were heading for a bridge at about 30 mph. Lt. Mike was at the helm. For some reason he steered toward the far right bank. I said: "Hey, why don't you stay in mid-river?" He said: "I know this river like the back of my hand."

So he kept the boat on course to pass under the bridge on the far right side and when we got close I notice a big log floating in the water right in front of us. And we hit it...and the boat flew into the air and the outboard flipped up into the boat.

Navy winger busted my half of the boat. :ROFLMAO:

That's a beautiful story, thank you for sharing! I just ran ol' Libo Risk up a swampy bank on the White Oak this past Sunday. The steering had been a little rough, but I gassed her on the way out of a creek off the main river. Took a bend too fast and the steering shit the bed...luckily I backed off enough to prevent her from completely running aground.
Question though, how'd y'all get back???!!!

Good thing I'm not in your AO or I might take offense at your offer... :ROFLMAO:

But! You get up here to MT, and I'll take you out and out-fish you anytime... :p

LL

Back