Range Backpack

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Verified SOF
I've used a large tool bag as a range back for 20+ years, but it's bulking and flops around a lot when I'm trying to carry my gun case and target stand. I'm looking for a range backpack, one with pockets or pouches for handguns, to make it easier to get from the parking lot to the firing line. Do you have something you use, or something you recommend?

Unless someone has come out with something new. It ain’t out there, been looking for years. I settled for a good pistol bag

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. After careful consideration I decided to go with this:

B-Tac Paladin Carry Pack
1586295941105.png

rationale:
this completely solves the issue of "too much crap to carry at once" because I can load my rifle (in its sleeve) and the disassembled target stand in the long compartment, my pistols (until I move to NY and can't legally own them anymore :mad: ) and targets in the central compartment (which I will modify slightly), spotting scope, eyes and ears in the top pocket, and ammo in the external pockets. It's also very reasonably priced. And if I ever needed to do so for some reason, it matches my uniform so I could use it at work too.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. After careful consideration I decided to go with this:

B-Tac Paladin Carry Pack
View attachment 33108

rationale:
this completely solves the issue of "too much crap to carry at once" because I can load my rifle (in its sleeve) and the disassembled target stand in the long compartment, my pistols (until I move to NY and can't legally own them anymore :mad: ) and targets in the central compartment (which I will modify slightly), spotting scope, eyes and ears in the top pocket, and ammo in the external pockets. It's also very reasonably priced. And if I ever needed to do so for some reason, it matches my uniform so I could use it at work too.

Way to tactical and scary for NY

Arcteryx Khard - bombproof, comes in multiple sizes, is highly configurable and low-key enough that it doesn't scream "Tacti-nerd". I've used and abused a 30l around the world on a nearly daily basis for several years with zero issues.

Back