Ranger School is not a Leadership School?

@Ocoka One , @Marine0311

To serve as an NCO or officer in Ranger Regiment, you have to have a Tab. I think the requirement for support MOSs to be tabbed is somewhat negotiable, but it's a hard and fast rule for combat arms MOSs.

Additionally, you need a Ranger Tab to serve as a PL in the 82nd, at least you did when I was there 9ish years ago. I don't know if it was a written requirement, but the LTs who didn't have tabs found themselves doing some form of career killing alternate assignment.

There's Victor or....Golf? slots as NCO's and O's across the board for lots of units. SSG up was intended in the 172nd, if I remember the METL right.

Yep, most light Infantry are G (Ranger Q'ed, non Airborne) for E6 and above, and I think all Airborne units are V (Airborne Ranger Q'ed) for E6 an above, as far as Infantry goes.

@Ocoka One , @Marine0311

To serve as an NCO or officer in Ranger Regiment, you have to have a Tab. I think the requirement for support MOSs to be tabbed is somewhat negotiable, but it's a hard and fast rule for combat arms MOSs.

Additionally, you need a Ranger Tab to serve as a PL in the 82nd, at least you did when I was there 9ish years ago. I don't know if it was a written requirement, but the LTs who didn't have tabs found themselves doing some form of career killing alternate assignment.
There is an untabbed E6 running the BSP shop at 1/75. Our senior rigger is an MMFJM, air assault, SL JM, pathfinder qualified CWO. Even SSG Chisolm, RIP, did not have a tab. 11B's and medics are the only MOS's who's careers rest on the tab here

[Additionally, you need a Ranger Tab to serve as a PL in the 82nd, at least you did when I was there 9ish years ago. I don't know if it was a written requirement, but the LTs who didn't have tabs found themselves doing some form of career killing alternate assignment.

I know one w/o a Ranger tab, but he was branch detailed to Signal. He hit 1LT and was a company XO when he left for the Signal Career Captain's Course. This was....01-04 or so.

I know one w/o a Ranger tab, but he was branch detailed to Signal. He hit 1LT and was a company XO when he left for the Signal Career Captain's Course. This was....01-04 or so.

Pretty sure @Etype meant Combat Arms. Signal was a different animal regarding that requirement.

But in the Regiment, you have to be Airborne, correct?
9 years ago, when I was in the 82nd, you had to be airborne just to walk through the door- that went for the 173rd, 172nd, and 75th also.

There were grumblings of only the combat arms MOSs being airborne in the future, but I don't think those changes have taken place.

The Rangers on the board could speak for the 75th, but I would assume they wouldn't be affected.

Back