Reading list

SpitfireV

Strike first, strike hard, no mercy!
If I want to get into Intel at a later date, can somebody recommend a few books about the "business" of intel? Or even possibly some links.

If I want to get into Intel at a later date, can somebody recommend a few books about the "business" of intel? Or even possibly some links.

When he gets back from summer camp, ask Max. I have it on good authority (meaning I just made it up) that he will be heading down the intel trail after he gets commissioned. :D

Any preference to the type of intel, or basically just an intel 101 book?

Oh right. Sorry, thought you were maybe referring to some mystical journal or something. :)

Well, there is signals intelligence...

What side of intel- military or civilian? Which "flavor," IMINT, SIGINT, HUMINT, MASINT, etc., are you most interested in?

Here are a bunch of choices, ranging from intel/analysis, tact. intel, HUMINT, SIGINT, GEOINT, CT, CI, etc etc. Google the ones that don't have links and decide for yourself what you want to use. Obviously a good majority use US examples, and I don't know if that will help you in what you're looking for.

Ghost Wars: The Secret History of the CIA, Afghanistan, and Bin Laden, from the Soviet Invasion to September 10, 2001

Psychology of Intelligence Analysis- https://www.cia.gov/csi/books/19104/art3.html

Reshaping National Intelligence for an Age of Information

Surprise Attacks : Victim's Perspective The Fog of War-Complete http://www.errolmorris.com/film/fow_transcript.html

For the President's Eyes Only

Body of Secrets: Anatomy of the Ultra-Secret National Security Agency

Intelligence Wars Against All Enemies

G-2: Intelligence For Patton

Battling the Elements: Weather & Terrain in the Conduct of War

Not a Good Day to Die : The Untold Story of Operation Anaconda

U.S. Intelligence Community, 4th ed

Silent Warfare: Understanding the World of Intelligence, 3rd ed

Thirteen Days: A Memoir of the Cuban Missile Crisis The 9/11 Commission Report- http://www.gpoaccess.gov/911/index.html

Sword and the Shield: The Metrokhin Archive and the Secret History of the KGB

China Threat: How The Peoples Republic Targets America

Defense Intelligence Journal, Vol.10, No.1

MI6: Inside the Covert World of Her Majesty's Secret Intelligence Service

Secrets of Signals Intelligence During the Cold War and Beyond The Zimmermann Telegram The Most Secret War

Military Geography for Professionals and the Public

Geography : Realms, Regions and Concepts, 12th Ed

CIAs Black Ops: Covert Action Foreign Policy, and Democracy

Blind Spot : Secret History of American Counterterrorism

Bureau: Secret History of the FBI
Joint Doctrine for Intelligence Support to Operations

Secret & Sanctioned: Covert Operations & the American Presidency

Short Course In The Secret War, 4th ed Agents of Innocence

Back