Recon/ Introducing Myself/ Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kthom111

Unverified
Good Morning Gents, (going to be a long one)

First off an introduction is due, 19 years old, 70 inches tall, 125lbs soaking wet. 293 PFT, 296 CFT (was 140lbs at the time of the scores). Used to be in NROTC Midshipman Marine Option at SSU. Had to disenroll in the program (long story short) because my mom kicked me out in the summer while I was waiting to go back for another school year.

Currently about 7 days from shipping to MCRD Parris Island, kiss and ship sort of deal. I lost all my muscle in the process of three months where I ate maybe a meal every other day at my mother's and then eventually homeless as my current status for two while I wait for my paperwork to clear.

I have done my due diligence on researching everything i can about the pipeline but I could use a little bit of clarification.

Q#1: My understanding of the recon contract pipeline is Boot, SOI, ITB, MART, BPRC, BRC and then other schooling. Question is where does the Screening take place after MART, or after BPRC? Also how long is MART, I have seen answers anywhere from 2W-1M? BPRC is 5W correct?

Q#2: I can swim, however I'm nowhere near recon quality. Passing the screenings water portion is my biggest concern which is why I want to know when it is on the pipeline. Question is what are the odds of someone who comes unprepared in the swimming department making it through from a pass or fail standpoint?

I'm not stupid, I understand I'm underweight, out of "shape", unprepared in just about every aspect. Don't care. Tired of being nothing, and if im going to suffer my whole life I minuswell suffer for a purpose and get some on the PT field.

Lastly, (sorry for the long message) thank you to those who spent their time reading my trash, I appreciate it. Looking for the raw responses.

Very Respectfully,
KT

~Semper Fidelis

Last edited by a moderator:
@Kthom111 -

Just and FYI that the welcome threads are pretty much just for that, intros and welcomes.

You'd be best to begin a new thread in one of the SOF areas to get answers to your questions.

I'm going to lock this, for no other reason than to avoid responses back here.

Best of success to you, and welcome!

Reactions: Arf
Please post
@Kthom111 -

Just and FYI that the welcome threads are pretty much just for that, intros and welcomes.

You'd be best to begin a new thread in one of the SOF areas to get answers to your questions.

I'm going to lock this, for no other reason than to avoid responses back here.

Best of success to you, and welcome!
i moved it. He did not post an intro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back