Requesting Entry Into US Army Special Forces Mentor Circle

Undertheice71

USAF
Verified Military
Hello SOF Mentors,

I am looking to enter into the US Army Special Forces Mentor Circle. I have made my Introduction and First Post. There are three main reasons I am looking for a mentor.

1.To help me find ways out of my comfort zone. I do my best to take myself out of my comfort zone on my own, but I believe a mentor would know of ways that I don't. I believe I have a good understanding of what my weaknesses are and I am willing to share if it is helpful.

2.To point me in the direction of the correct way to practice land navigation. I have been reading FM 3-25.26. I have a lensatic compass and protractor. I know my pace count. I have one small orienteering course near me. I have been doing my best to find a way to print out MGRS maps of the orienteering course, as well as other trails on which I ruck. My problem with these maps is that I cannot find a way to print those maps to scale. I've tried 1/25,000 , 1/50,000 and 1/100,000 , but when I put my protractor over it, the scale is always off. I would like guidance on how I can overcome this obstacle or to find out if this step is unnecessary at this point.

3.To refine my workout plan to make sure I am not doing too much of something that will not help me in SFAS, or not enough of something that would benefit me.

I fully understand that what it takes to make it through SFAS is either already inside me, or it's not. The only way to find out is to show up. I just want to do my best to prepare, which I should.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from a Mentor soon.

Back