Resume & Cover Letter Writing Service

BloodStripe

Marine
SOF Support
SSMP
Military Mentor
While I won't consider myself an expert on the matter, I will be more than happy to help write & edit a resume for anyone on here. I have access to several copy editors, HR manager for a major Big 10 university, and I myself have a minor in Human Resources. I have helped over 50 veterans write a resume and/or cover letters in the past. Or, I can simply email you a template I have created as well.

S/F

While I won't consider myself an expert on the matter, I will be more than happy to help write & edit a resume for anyone on here. I have access to several copy editors, HR manager for a major Big 10 university, and I myself have a minor in Human Resources. I have helped over 50 veterans write a resume and/or cover letters in the past. Or, I can simply email you a template I have created as well.

S/F

I sincerely appreciate your offer to our members (I'm assuming you aren't asking for payment for this correct?).
I would very much appreciate you getting vetted though before people start sending you personal information. I hope you understand why I'm asking this. Thank you.

I just want to say that I went through the vetting process. When I return home from this sales trip I am on I will attempt to post a few different sample resumes on here where all you should need to do I copy and paste it in to word and insert your own information. I will still gladly review anyone's resume though if they want.

Another great place to start is by searching on Google for Purdue Owl Resume. Purdue Owl is actually a great place for all things English.

I have attached one option for a resume. I will attempt to locate a different option that I had to do for a class but it is in my opinion a very sterile resume and I think I dumped it after the assignment was over.

The wording on the attached resume is for jobs outside of the defense and military realm. One thing to remember is to limit the use of military jargon and stick to the basics when dealing with civilian employers who have very little exposure to the military world. When talking about job duties for private employers, HR people will understand a general idea of what you did based on your job title. Don't feel the need for instance to write Estimated incoming quotes when your job title says Estimator. When listing accomplishments at each company, list it from the greatest achievement first to the "least." This is sure to ruffle some feathers, but regardless of how proud you may be of your CAR, CIB, CAB or whatever, leave it off your resume. Same goes with a vast majority of your military awards. Highlight a few that are personal awards but leave it at that. Also I suggest leaving off number of deployments you may have. While we who have deployed a lot are proud of that, you have to keep in mind who you are dealing with. There are a lot of people who are both turned off by veterans and afraid of PTSD. You can help address those concerns with the employer once you have landed the job.

I also recommend not putting an objective on a resume. Those will hurt you more than help you, especially if you forget to change it from job listing to job listing that you apply to. A big part of landing a job is numbers. Don't get frustrated if you don't land the first job or fifth job you have applied to. Most companies have an interface on their applications which screen a resume automatically for keywords. Make sure you tailor your resume to each job listing you are applying to. Also, if you don't have any education past a high school diploma, stop being a bum and get one. The post 9/11 GI Bill is great and many schools are a yellow ribbon school, which means they will cover a certain amount over or all of what the GI Bill may not cover. Many people will say that diploma mill colleges are fine as long as you have a degree but I will disagree. I don't want this thread to go in to an argument about that, but people will judge you based on where you went to school. It is just something to think about. Hope this will help out someone or at least give you some food for thought to help on your own resume.

Edit: I would hope you all are smart enough to not do this, but get rid of your iamtheSNMman@hotmail.com email address. Instead use your first and last name if possible and use a school email address or a military one. Don't use yahoo or hotmail, but an outlook or gmail is still considered okay. If it is already taken, use first initial and last name or first name middle initial and then your last name. Just be professional with whatever you choose.

Attachments

• ResumeForSS.doc
    45.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I just looked at this and realized there is a grammatical error in this resume I posted. I had wrote "and and" which is obviously no good, lol. I guess that's what I get for writing it at work.

This is sure to ruffle some feathers, but regardless of how proud you may be of your CAR, CIB, CAB or whatever, leave it off your resume. Same goes with a vast majority of your military awards. Highlight a few that are personal awards but leave it at that. Also I suggest leaving off number of deployments you may have. While we who have deployed a lot are proud of that, you have to keep in mind who you are dealing with. There are a lot of people who are both turned off by veterans and afraid of PTSD.

100% agree with this part.

Back