RIP young Marine - <kleenex alert>

Ooh-Rah

Semper-Fi
Don't know how I missed this story...the young man is the son of an active duty Staff Sgt.

Semper Fi, Wyatt.

Boy dies after being named honorary Marine in California

SAN DIEGO — An 8-year-old boy with a rare, genetic disease has died a day after being made an honorary Marine, his father said.

Wyatt Gillette died Sunday with a developmental disorder that causes seizures and kidney failure, his father, Jeremiah Gillette, told The Marine Corps Times (8-year-old passes away a day after becoming Honorary Marine ).

Wyatt was honored in a formal ceremony Saturday at Camp Pendleton near San Diego, where his father serves as a drill sergeant.

Video and photos of the ceremony show Wyatt dressed in fatigues and seated in his wheelchair while being presented with a framed certificate and an official Marine Corps pin.

Marine Corps Commandant General Robert Neller agreed to make Wyatt an honorary Marine in response to a petition.

The honor is bestowed on just a few people every year and recognizes civilians who have made extraordinary contributions to the Marine Corps.

CooO_2QUsAAlGiF.jpg

I can't fathom the pain and heartache Staff Sergeant Gillette and his wife are feeling. Hopefully they can find some small comfort in one of Wyatt's last days also being one of his best.

I'm hoping there's a Heaven's playground for you, little guy. Prayers out for your Mommy and Daddy. :(

Yeah, I don't watch stuff like this. Not because I am insensitive bastard, it's just now that I have kids, too, it hits me in the feels knowing that for the grace of God go we.....

Back