Former Commandant of the Marine Corps General Al Gray dies at 95

Ooh-Rah

Semper-Fi
Rest in peace, General Gray.

Al Gray, beloved former Marine Corps commandant, dies at age 95

Gen. Al Gray, the 29th commandant of the Marine Corps, died Wednesday in his home following an extended period of hospice care.

The 95-year-old New Jersey native rose from private to four-star general, leading the Corps during the fall of the Soviet Union and the Persian Gulf War.

I heard he was coming to the chow hall on Kinser so I blew off 13:00 formation so I could meet him.

Gunny was PISSED and I pushed a lot of concrete. nearly 30 years later? Worth it!

IMG_6739.png

Rest in peace, General Gray.

Al Gray, beloved former Marine Corps commandant, dies at age 95

Gen. Al Gray, the 29th commandant of the Marine Corps, died Wednesday in his home following an extended period of hospice care.

The 95-year-old New Jersey native rose from private to four-star general, leading the Corps during the fall of the Soviet Union and the Persian Gulf War.

I heard he was coming to the chow hall on Kinser so I blew off 13:00 formation so I could meet him.

Gunny was PISSED and I pushed a lot of concrete. nearly 30 years later? Worth it!

View attachment 44286
May his name be a blessing.

Yes that is a badass photo.

He was a legend, a recon Marine, added MCT the curriculum, pushed the 'every Marine a rifleman' idea. No love lost between him and SOCOM for reasons, but Marines loved him.

Back