RIP

Equalizer

Banned
I was hoping someone could put up a summary of RIP for the people who want to go but don't know what to expect. I used the search button with no success. What do you guys think was the hardest part about RIP?
Thanks guys, this will help out many Ranger wannabes.

I would say the daily kick in the junk, sucked the most:)

You can get the RIP standards/overview from the recruiting website which you can find via google.

I was hoping someone could put up a summary of RIP for the people who want to go but don't know what to expect. I used the search button with no success. What do you guys think was the hardest part about RIP?
Thanks guys, this will help out many Ranger wannabes.

No go, Equalizer! I didn't know shit before I went, except that is was going to suck...it did.

Do it like everyone else - give it your best shot. If you have what it takes, you will make it. If you don't have what it takes, the army will hook you up with a cool world-wide assignment.

No amount of G2 will help you.

Good luck.

Okay say you don't get RIP in your contract, I know if you make to Benning you can go to the liaison office and request it there. But what if you're prior service, like me, and you're already jump qualified so there's no reason your unit would send you to Benning, how can you get it then. Keep in mind I'm speaking of trying to get RIP so I can stay at BATT, I know Ranger School isn't that hard to get.

If you don't get it in your contract you have to submit a 4187 from whatever unit you are in and pray they let you go, but given the current need for soldiers on the ground, that might be a while.

If I can obtain the option 40, it will be 11B.
There is no fucking if.

You go to the recruiter and tell him:

"I want an 11x option 40 contract!! Nothing else will do!"

No matter what he tries to tell you, he can get you one. The ONLY issue is that you may have to spend some time on the delayed entry program, due to these contracts being in high demand.

If you do anything other than what Im suggesting you do above, then you deserve what you get.

I see by your profile you are already an 11C, so you probably wont see Benning, I would guess you would go to WTC? Have you been to MEPs

You might be able to get Option40, but as prior service your leverage is slim to none. 4187 may be your only option.
If you were offered another MOS that Regiment needs, that might also get you there.

What rank will you go in with?

Prior service has a hell of a time getting what they want FYI. Why, I don't know, but it is harder to get to where you want to go with years of experience under your belt, unlike the kid right out of high school who pretty much can do what he wants.

I see by your profile you are already an 11C, so you probably wont see Benning, I would guess you would go to WTC? Have you been to MEPs

You might be able to get Option40, but as prior service your leverage is slim to none. 4187 may be your only option.
If you were offered another MOS that Regiment needs, that might also get you there.

What rank will you go in with?

I'll go in as an E3, and MEPS says it's not an option for me........then again they say that for everything :mad:

I was the latest guy on the forum to go through RIP and I can say that if you trully want to be a Ranger...nothing is hard about RIP. If you are mentally strong enough to not quit..its easy....and cole range sucked ass too

I was the latest guy on the forum to go through RIP and I can say that if you trully want to be a Ranger...nothing is hard about RIP. If you are mentally strong enough to not quit..its easy....and cole range sucked ass too

I'm still waiting for my tree branch :uhh:

Well that sucks. Someone probably stepped on a mine in that field full of WWII obstacles. For us they said it paid to be a winner, but we still got smoked while everyone else was running.:doh:

"Here comes range control, quick, take your fucking BDU tops off, get in the shade, drink water."

(range control leaves)

"WTF are you all fucking doing!?!?!"

(guy in background puking and getting IV up the ass)

Ahh memories.

The good news is you can find all of those MOS' in Regiment,(provided a mason asst. is 21W).

Did MEPs say no go on Option40, again you really have no bargaining power as prior service?

You can always select one of those jobs and call the Regiment Liason, may or may not work. I tend to think it would be more feasible with the non-11 mos.
Other than that if you can select a duty station, pick one where a Bn is located and start the 4187 process when applicable.

Back