Rob Furlong Opens Shooting School

RackMaster

Nasty-Dirty-Canuck
SOF Support
Great to see another Veteran opening up their own business.

Here's the website, if any of you are interested.

http://www.robfurlong.com/

Welcome to Rob Furlong’s Marksmanship Academy which we hope will become like a home to you as you explore its many courses, gear, and evolving opportunities. We want to create a place where shooters of all levels and backgrounds can come to take their training to new heights. With world class training from world class instructors who have worked, trained and served in Military and Law Enforcement roles, we feel that we can meet and exceed YOUR expectations. We are always open to custom training sessions, courses, or whatever your marksmanship needs may be. There are others out there, but why not choose the best!
Rob Furlong
Chief Executive Officer

Mission statement
To create and further develop a professional marksmanship training center to help shooters continuously learn new skills, as well as improve on the basics; to create a place for soldiers, law enforcement officers, tactical team members, private military consultants, avid outdoor huntsmen, enthusiasts, or sportsmen; to create a place for any and all interested in improving all things related to professional marksmanship training while feeding the passion that comes with learning the skills of being a top marksman. Know how…with Rob and his team.
What We Offer
  • Professional, credible, highly skilled instructors with Military and Law Enforcement credentials, trained by the best
  • Flexibility in setting up sessions, meeting particular needs of groups, consultations
  • Skills behind the trigger crucial to success
  • Mental, physical and psychological preparation/training so that YOU too can be the best marksman you can be, make less mistakes, and meet with more success
  • Online store for Marksman Gear, easy access to website, information, products, services, personnel
About Rob Furlong
"I'm just an outdoor type of guy who loves challenging himself to reach higher, do better, and help others in the process. My dad taught me to shoot back on Fogo Island, Newfoundland, and since I was a child, I have loved everything to do with learning about rifles and shooting properly and responsibly. I just want to offer others that same opportunity. My passion in life is to help others in whatever way I can as evidenced in my 14 years with the military and the police. The reality of this academy is a dream come true and my wish and promise for anyone interested in our services is to provide the best that we can. We are here for you!"
Retired Corporal Rob Furlong protected his American brothers by taking out a Taliban fighter from 2,430 metres away.
Referred to as Canada's Best Sniper!
Featured in Ultimate Sniper, a book written by retired major John Plaster, published by Paladin Press.
Decorated by the United States for his efforts.
Former member of Canadian sharpshooting six-man Recon Sniper Cell with 3 P.P.C.L.I., based out of CFB Edmonton; the cell sent to watch the backs of U.S. allies in the mountains of Afghanistan. During a well-documented mission, they spotted Taliban fighters carrying a machine gun up a mountain trail, in an attempt to get above the U.S. forces for an ambush. That's when Furlong took aim . . .
For more information on Rob, check out related links and stories.

School for snipers

By Kris Sims ,Atlantic Bureau
First posted:Tuesday, February 12, 2013 03:05 PM MST| Updated:Tuesday, February 12, 2013 04:06 PM MST
1297376092797_ORIGINAL.jpg
Retired Cpl. Rob Furlong has opened a school for snipers. (HO)
Article

One of the world's best snipers has opened a gun academy in Edmonton.
Retired Cpl. Rob Furlong was a member of the five-man sniper cell with Third Batallion, Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, based out CFB Edmonton when he set a world record for a long distance kill shot.
While on duty in Afghanistan in 2002, he took out a Taliban ambush from 2,430 m away, protecting the American soldiers nearby.
Now, he wants to help train soldiers and police officers to be the best of the best, and help civilians with their aim, too.
"With my experience in law enforcement and seeing the need for further training in the tactical world, we could bring a police agency up to speed with their snipers in a matter of weeks," Furlong told QMI Agency. "For civilians, we have a marksmanship class on how to handle firearms, use optics and teach them how to target shoot out to 400 metres."
Furlong and his team plan to travel throughout North America to help cops and soldiers hone their skills.
In recognition for saving the lives of his American brothers in Afghanistan, Furlong's sniper group was awarded the Bronze Star by the U.S. military.
The team was nearly ignored by the Canadian government of the time and were eventually given the "Mentions in Dispatches" by the Canadian military.

Back