ROK Sniper Video

dknob

Ranger
Verified SOF
I couldnt imagine being a SK soldier, always living under the fear of catastrophic total war from their neighbors.

Such pride and patriotism!

Crusader74

Verified Military
Verified Military
I couldnt imagine being a SK soldier, always living under the fear of catastrophic total war from their neighbors.

Such pride and patriotism!

True, but they have far superior training.:thumbsup:

TLDR20

Verified SOF
From what I have heard ROK soldiers are hard as woodpecker lips. Well trained and extremely disciplined.

moobob

Capsizing islands...
Verified Military
From what I have heard ROK soldiers are hard as woodpecker lips. Well trained and extremely disciplined.

It depends. They are a conscript army. Their SF are more equivalent to airborne infantry. The ROKs haven't fought a war since Vietnam... Their SEALs are very good though, as some pirates know very well.

moobob

Capsizing islands...
Verified Military
It used to be that you weren't considered a man until you did your military service. A lot more people these days are finding ways out of conscription, and society doesn't really look down on it anymore. The South Korean's had a touchy feely 'love the North Koreans' government for the entire decade of the 90s... That did a ton of damage.

TLDR20

Verified SOF
It used to be that you weren't considered a man until you did your military service. A lot more people these days are finding ways out of conscription, and society doesn't really look down on it anymore. The South Korean's had a touchy feely 'love the North Koreans' government for the entire decade of the 90s... That did a ton of damage.

Yeah most of the guys I know were there a while ago, maybe a different perspective on them!