SARC enlistment

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlightDocJRS

Unverified
Ive done the search but just can't seem to find exactly what I am looking for. For starters a little about myself. I am prior service. I was enlist Army until 08/2017. I was a 68WF2. I went to the US Army Flight Paramedic Course in San Antonio, TX in 2012. I fly for several years then promoted out to a civil affairs unit. I currently have my associates of Nursing and work as as RN at a local Trauma hospital here in Colorado. I also work PRN as a paramedic on a 911 ambulance. I have just about every damn alphabet card you can name. TP-C, TNCC, TCCC, ACLS, BLS, PALS, PHTLS, AMLS...so on. I also hold an instructor cert in just about everyone as well. I do a lot of card course teaching in my spare time. What I am looking for is this. I have given it a lot of thought and really think i want to go back active duty. I did some heavy thinking and really looked into Navy and with going corpsman. What has really peeked my interest is SARC. I done my reading on the Navy website. I watched the youtube vids. I am not new to the military so I know Special Operations is no joke and isn't a cake roll no matter how much experience you have. What I am looking for answers on is will I see a pipeline change for me at any point due to my experience and current certs? I am not asking to pass up anything just looking for more of a insight. And before you say anything. No i don't want to finish my BSN and commission. Maybe sometime down the road I may but that will be as a mid-level provider (i.e. NP). Thank you for the help.

Jason.

The mods may come along and move this; as you well know given your research the HM rating is Navy, but SARCs are all-Marine, and NSW doesn't use HMs any longer.

The mods may come along and move this; as you well know given your research the HM rating is Navy, but SARCs are all-Marine, and NSW doesn't use HMs any longer.

so 8427 is no longer a viable NEC??? Its was my understanding I would have to come in as HM-0000, then go to C-School for 8404 then apply for the 8427 pipeline. is this no longer the case?

so 8427 is no longer a viable NEC??? Its was my understanding I would have to come in as HM-0000, then go to C-School for 8404 then apply for the 8427 pipeline. is this no longer the case?

You are 34. It is time to think a profession that you are part way into. My advice is to look to your future with nailing down your BSN and then see where your interests take you. Just out of curiosity, when exactly is "somewhere down the road"?

All the letters after your name like ACLS, BLS, PALS are rather laughable as they are simply part of the normal training and proficiency for anyone that is in the healthcare field. They also expire after a short period of time so most medical professionals do not put them up, it is kind of assumed that you have them already. I was ACLS Faculty starting in the 80s and I never listed or even made mention of that.

From what you have mentioned, you have looked at Youtube videos, good. I am wondering if you have pulled anything down from the online sources? The next step for you at this point is to talk with a Navy Recruiter. That will be your best source for current programs. I have no ideas about what will transfer from the USAF to the USN. Are you thinking that you are a SEAL candidate?

Any SARC candidate over the age of 30 needs a waiver. If you're not already in shape to attend a Special Operations selection then I would think about a different job.

8427 is absolutely a viable option, I am just saying that since it is a rate that supports only the Marine Corps, it's just more appropriate under the Marine Corps subforums.

The only part of the pipeline that might be changed at all would be fast tracking through the merit badge curricula. But besides that, you would still go through the pipeline as anyone else.

You have a very tough road to hoe at your age, even with your background and credentials.

Find a Air Guard or AF Reserve unit with a Med-evac mission, then get Commissioned and stay with the unit or make another AD run.

Everything I know about the SARC program I've learned from reading this board. And from that I've learned that they have an unusually high washout rate. Your main questions are more about "what can I get out of" vs. "how do I get in". That may not be your intent, but that's where I see your mindset.

Based on a number of the comments above, you have a LONG way to go before getting anywhere near that program.

I'm locking this because it is not going to go anywhere productive and based on @Teufel and @Red Flag 1 's comments above, yours is a path that is very unlikely.

To add - if another staff member chooses to re-open this because they see value in the conversation, fine by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back