Seeking Advice on the Timeline

Aspen_Sun

Unverified
Greetings,

I would like to preface this post by acknowledging the great amount of information on this forum about all things Pararescue, relationships, and other areas pertaining to my question and how helpful those have been. In terms of the PJ Pipeline, however, I'm a little lost in the weeds about something, and am open to all input here.

How often throughout the Pipeline (from BMT to graduating the Pipeline/donning the beret) do you get to see your family? Girlfriend?

From what I've gathered between this forum, podcasts, social media, and in person conversation with men that have gone through, there is little time during these training phases to see people from 'back home' - understandably. Being almost 2 years worth of selections and training, is that all constant in terms of you being away from family and unable to visit if they are in the area? What were your experiences like managing time between training and brief periods of seeing loved ones?

On a personal note, marriage is something I think would be better to wait on, so I don't plan on that being a factor during training and the gaps in between schools. Her and I are both on the same page, and she fully supports my goals - as I do hers.

I want to do my best to manage their expectations accurately and not give them a sugar-coated timeline. And I'm sure a lot of this is bound to change, as these things are fluid.

Thank you for the help.

Update: Just found out from another forum user about a great YouTube video answering most, if not all of my questions! (Google works magic, who knew) I'll link it below in case anyone else had similar questions or wanted to know more:
If you took the time to read this, I still appreciate any feedback/personal stories on how the timeline for you played out, regardless of job/branch/etc.

Thanks again,
Aspen_Sun

Update: Just found out from another forum user about a great YouTube video answering most, if not all of my questions! (Google works magic, who knew) I'll link it below in case anyone else had similar questions or wanted to know more:
If you took the time to read this, I still appreciate any feedback/personal stories on how the timeline for you played out, regardless of job/branch/etc.

Thanks again,
Aspen_Sun
And if you’re so inclined- check out OnesReady (on Instagram, Apple podcasts/Stitcher/Spotify).

It’s a project I am involved in answering all questions like the one you’re asking.

ETA- The guy in the video is my close friend Brian, we are founders of OnesReady.

Last edited:
Back