Seventeenth Air Force (Air Forces Africa)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanOrb

新しいメンバ
Verified Military
Tidbit of Fact: In this capacity, Seventeenth Air Force is referred to as U.S. Air Forces Africa (AFAFRICA).

More info, Click on hyperlink: http://www.17af.usafe.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-090305-005.wmv

It was announced on September 12, 2008 that a newly-activated Seventeenth Air Force will be headquartered at Ramstein Air Base, located west of Kaiserslautern in the German federal state of Rheinland-Palatinate as part of the creation of the United States Africa Command.

USAfricom_SOF.png

Quote: U.S. Africa Command has focused the majority of its CT capacity building activities in East Africa on Kenya, Ethiopia, Djibouti, and Uganda, which-aside from Somalia-are the countries directly threatened by terrorists. For example, in Kenya, the Command is assisting in establishing a Ranger Strike Force and a Special Boat Unit, which will become the country's primary CT and border security forces. SOCAFRICA completed training two companies of the Kenyan Ranger Strike Force, and our Special Operations Forces (SOF) maritime efforts have created a nascent Kenyan Special Boat Unit capability to enhance Kenyan maritime security. When completed, Kenya will have a significantly improved capacity to counter the terrorist threat emanating from Somalia. In Djibouti, U.S. Africa Command is assisting with training of the Djiboutian counter-terrorism unit, the Groupe d'Intervention de la Gendarmerie Nationale. We are helping with the repair and transfer of 12 vehicles from the AU to Djibouti. The vehicles are specifically for counter-terrorism and border security operations.

More info, Click on hyperlink: http://www.africom.mil/getArticle.asp?art=4133&lang=0

17TH_af.png

USAF_Africa.jpg

There should be a caveat at the bottom of the vid saying "Excluding Darfur".

To explained... SOCAFRICA: was established as U.S. Africa Command’s Theater Special Operations Command — a functional, sub-unified special operations command for Africa. SOCAFRICA contributes to U.S. Africa Command’s mission through the application of the full spectrum of special operations forces capabilities including civil affairs, information operations, theater security cooperation, crisis response, and campaign planning. Therefore, as show below...are all sub-unified SOF/TSOC of USSOCOM. :cool:

You can't compare USAFE, PACAF ...etc because they are consider Major Commands for the United States Air Force, and not USSOCOM.

You can ask any senior SOF or active duty member to re-verify, as a suggestion. However, TSOC is a combine joint service duty and any assigned member are all apart of the SOF community. :)

It just so happens that the 17th AF was chosen and the tip of the spear who had contribute their efforts, in the creation of the SOCAFRICA...therefore, in my opinion...they are consider SOF.;)

Although, I was under the expression that ShadowSpear International Special Operations
listing was to/of identified it's TSOC areas, in which...I prior knowledge to share with ShadowSpear Network & all members...:)

TSC.JPG

It just so happens that the 17th AF was chosen and the tip of the spear who had contribute their efforts, in the creation of the SOCAFRICA...therefore, in my opinion...they are consider SOF.;)

Although, I was under the expression that ShadowSpear International Special Operations
listing was to/of identified it's TSOC areas, in which...I prior knowledge to share with ShadowSpear Network & all members...:)

Your opinon doesn't count. 23rd AF is AFSOF's numbered Air Force.
17th AF is the Air Component of AFRICOM, SOCAFRICOM is a component of AFRICOM.
BTW-Your English grammer sucks, work on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back