SF Soldiers having some fun with the Carl Gustav

Ravage

running up that hill
orny1i.jpg

Download Hires
A U.S. Special Forces Soldier with Special Operations Task Force - Central fires a rocket during a training exercise conducted in Basrah, Iraq, May 2. Special Forces Soldiers continuously sharpen their skills on various weapon systems in order to become more combat effective.
(Photo by Spc. William Hatton : Combined Joint Special Operations Task Force - Arabian Peninsula)

68gcuu.jpg

Download Hires
As a U.S. Special Forces Soldier counts down, his fellow Soldier with Special Operations Task Force - Central fires a Carl Gustav rocket during a training exercise conducted in Basrah, Iraq, May 2.
(Photo by Spc. William Hatton : Combined Joint Special Operations Task Force - Arabian Peninsula)

10zbekp.jpg

Download Hires
A U.S. Special Forces Soldier observes as a fellow Soldier with Special Operations Task Force - Central fires a rocket during a training exercise conducted in Basrah, Iraq, May 2.

15633vd.jpg

Download Hires
A U.S. Special Forces Soldier with Special Operations Task Force - Central fires a Carl Gustav rocket, also known by Soldiers as "the Gustav," during a training exercise conducted in Iraq's southern city of Basrah, May 2.

Wow, those are awesome photos. Kudos to the camera guy. That looks like way too much fun. Wonder what I would have to trade to get one of those :uhh:

The supply guy always denied my requests for Carl G.'s, bangalores, cannon balls, and pirate ships.

Where there's a will there's a black market though :confused:

I never got the pirate ship, but I did get a box of Chinese hand grenades that we later decided was a bad idea.

Way cool photos! Those kind of photo's back in the film day were REALLY hard to get!! Even with super fast (high speed) film!

Now with the latest Digital Gear you can capture amazing images much easier! Nikon has a 30 - 60 second movie mode that you can then grab photo's at any point in the video!!! Awesome stuff!

Back