SFAS prep and questions

Beerbornemedic

Unverified
Hey y'all, really appriciate the wealth of knowledge that is offered on here, can't believe I didn't find it sooner.

Anyhow, I have been in the Army for 7 years as a medic always thought about dropping the paperwork. I have a couple deployments, 1 OIF 1 OEF, both with the 3/509th out of AK. I want to take a realistic view of my chances and figured this would be a good place to start.

As far as the physical is concerned IAW 40-501 I can't find specifics on TBI diagnosis and treatment. Yup I found one of the menacing south African 155's near Fallujah. I have been released from treatment with zero limitations or profiles. I also received a couple rounds of steroid injection to my lower back, 1 year later and a good core lifting plan I feel better than ever. But the SF recruiter said I would need a a waiver for both of those issues. Any advice in train up or thoughts on my situation would be awesome. Just don't wanna shoot my self in the foot.

I'm stuck in a hospital now and the ARMY is changing, seems like common sense, team work and integrity isn't a prerec for leadership.

Back