Sgt. 1st Class Eric Michael Emond 1/3rd SFG

Centermass

Ranger
Rest In Peace
Sgt. 1st Class Eric Michael Emond was killed Tuesday by an improvised explosive device in the eastern Afghan province of Ghazni. SFC Emond was assigned to 1st Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group, Fort Bragg, North Carolina.

SFC Emond had been in the military more than 21 years. He had served in the Marine Corps and the Army. This was his seventh overseas tour.

His awards and decorations include three Bronze Star Medals, two Purple Hearts, the Meritorious Service Medal, Joint Service Commendation Medal, Joint Service Achievement Medal, two NATO Achievement Medal, four Afghanistan Campaign Medals, Army Good Conduct Medal, Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal, two Overseas Service Ribbons, National Defense Service Medal, Special Forces Tab, Ranger Tab, Combat Infantry Badge, and Combat Action Badge.

He died from injuries sustained when his vehicle was struck by an IED in Andar district, Ghazni Province.

SFC Emond was posthumously awarded the Bronze Star Medal, Purple Heart and Meritorious Service Medal. He is survived by his wife and three children.

Rest easy Brother

DOL

~S~

ScreenHunter_2454 Nov. 28 22.52.jpg

Rest in Peace Desert Eagle.

Talked to Ski & Danny right after the news broke. He reminded me it was 6 years to the day that 26 got hit. That team had a rough go that rotation. After he was MEDEVAC’d, I sent Danny to take his place and he was in the circle when the Afghan opened up with the PKM later that Spring.

Desert Eagles!

Talked to Ski & Danny right after the news broke. He reminded me it was 6 years to the day that 26 got hit. That team had a rough go that rotation. After he was MEDEVAC’d, I sent Danny to take his place and he was in the circle when the Afghan opened up with the PKM later that Spring.

Desert Eagles!

Yeah, that was a bad day for sure. Damn....

Back