Sgt. William P. Rudd - 75th Ranger Regiment

Ravage

running up that hill
http://news.soc.mil/releases/News Archive/2008/October/081006-02.html

FORT BRAGG, N.C. (USASOC News Service, Oct. 6, 2008) — An Army Ranger died Oct. 5 of wounds sustained when he was hit by enemy fire during combat operations in northern Iraq while serving with 3rd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment based at Fort Benning, Ga.

Sgt. William P. Rudd, 27, was wounded during a ground-assault raid targeting associates of senior Al Qaeda leaders when enemy fighters, some armed with suicide vests, engaged the U.S. forces with small-arms fire.

Rudd was in his eighth deployment in support of the War on Terror with two previous deployments to Afghanistan and five to Iraq.

A native of Madisonville, Ky., Rudd initially entered the Army on Oct. 2, 2003. After completion of One Station Unit Training and the Ranger Indoctrination Program at Fort Benning, he was assigned to Company B, 3rd Bn., in August 2004. Rudd served as a rifleman, grenadier and fireteam leader with Comp. B.

Rudd’s military education includes the Basic Airborne Course, Ranger Indoctrination Program, Warrior Leaders Course, Jumpmaster Course, Master Breacher Course and the U.S. Army Ranger Course.

His awards and decorations include the Joint Service Commendation Medal, Army Commendation Medal, three Army Achievement Medals, Army Good Conduct Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Afghanistan Campaign Medal, Iraq Campaign Medal, Army Service Ribbon, Noncommissioned Officers Professional Development Ribbon, Overseas Service Ribbon, Combat Infantryman Badge, Parachutist Badge and the Ranger Tab.

Rudd is survived by his father William E. and stepmother Barbara Rudd, and step brother, Josh of Madisonville, Ky.; his mother, Pamela F. Lam and sister, Elizabeth of Nortonville, Ky.

For Sgt. Rudd's bio, click HERE...

Attachments

• Rudd.jpg
    Rudd.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 233
RIP Sgt. William P. Rudd. :( You will be missed.

8th deployment? wow.

Wow is right !! 8 ? Op tempo is high, as expected.

Rest easy SGT William P. Rudd. Your watch is over.

Thank you for your service and your ultimate sacrfice. :(

RIP Sgt. Rudd. My thoughts and prayers out to all the members of the Rudd family, to his friends, and to all those with whom he served. I am saddened to see the loss of a good young man...

RLTW!

8th deployment? wow.
Yeah, its getting up there. My guy's been there since early 2002...

Rudd was a good kid. He was in my team when I was in the line. This was his last deployment. You'll be missed brother...your fight is over now, enjoy the peace.

Rest in peace, Ranger. Thank you for all that you gave in defense of this country, and all it stands for. You will be missed.

Back